Cheap Exterior Paint??

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
Me and my car have a wash date every saturday morning... Bumped last week up a few days due to weekend road trip but haven't had a chance to wash it since so its still got bug guts all over it... C'mon saturday!!!
I pretty much wash mine every week too..Otherwise hard to get all the gunk and goo from the damn constant construction and bug mush...:puke:
Sponsored

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just get a clear bra everyone. It can be pricey but it's well worth it. Ive done highway driving every work day since I bought the car in March. Not a single stone chip.

Plus you can't really see it so there's no eyesore on the car like a bug deflector or one of those regular black car bras

Last edited:

Kindred1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Just get a clear bra everyone. It can be pricey but it's well worth it. Ive done highway driving every work day since I bought the car in March. Not a single stone chip.

Plus you can't really see it so there's no eyesore on the car like a bug deflector or one of those regular black car bras[/QUO
Interesting statement saying that you perceive a bug/hood deflector is an eyesore. It's like me saying that owners with a clear 'bra' are having gender-identity problems! ;-)

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure I understand, lol.

Just saying a clear bra isn't noticeable and actually protects the front of the car, unlike a hood deflector which really kills the look of the car without actually giving any real protection. I have one on my 2013 Civic and it has done nothing to protect the front of the car from stone chips. I guess it protects the thin strip of paint surface that it's covering but I'd prefer to have the entire front end protected.

Elvis 66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic 2015 mustang. 2001 tundra..1997 4runner..1972 chevelle 1966 Lemans
I have been doing paint and body several years now and I can tell you the paint that Honda uses is very thin..not only the paint color its self but the clear is next to nothing but slight coat .. when you can take an inspection mirror underneath your rear package tray when you Pop the Trunk..would nice if they fully painted the car completely. Have more paint chips on this car in 3 months then I do on my mustang that I had for a year now ..and both every day drivers ..with that said just take better care of that paint and or nivest in a better clear coat from a paint shop or order a 3M clear bra.

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have been doing paint and body several years now and I can tell you the paint that Honda uses is very thin..not only the paint color its self but the clear is next to nothing but slight coat .. when you can take an inspection mirror underneath your rear package tray when you Pop the Trunk..would nice if they fully painted the car completely. Have more paint chips on this car in 3 months then I do on my mustang that I had for a year now ..and both every day drivers ..with that said just take better care of that paint and or nivest in a better clear coat from a paint shop or order a 3M clear bra.
Just out of curiosity, how much would adding a new layer of clearcoat cost? Specifically a higher quality one

Elvis 66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic 2015 mustang. 2001 tundra..1997 4runner..1972 chevelle 1966 Lemans
Just out of curiosity, how much would adding a new layer of clearcoat cost? Specifically a higher quality one
Most paint and body shops will be competitive you're looking anywhere from $300 to $1,000.. and mostly it's going to be because of the labor

Pilotman11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic EX
Mine has plenty of paint chips, mostly on the sides and not the front. :(
Sponsored