Cheap Aftermarket Car Cover for Type-R ($75)

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
In case someone wants to spend less money on a car cover for their type-r, I found one that fits it very well. My R is on Spoon springs and the cover hangs about 1 inch from the ground on both sides. Nice elastic on the front and back as well as a reinforced grommets and clip strap on the sides if you wanted to run a strap underneath. Link to ebay ==> This is the link
Honda Civic 10th gen Cheap Aftermarket Car Cover for Type-R ($75) C745CF5C-3E42-45CC-B17C-0D9C37C3E730
Sponsored

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
how would it do outdoors? I’m from northern NJ and right now we’re in snow season so I’m in the looks for a good cover at a good price!

OP
OP
m_kluch

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
how would it do outdoors? I’m from northern NJ and right now we’re in snow season so I’m in the looks for a good cover at a good price!
The elastic front and rear are pretty strong and tight and go under the car a good bit so I think it would stay on in the wind no problem. On very windy days I would use the underbody strap to hold the sides down. The cover is not waterproof so it would get wet and your car would get wet but I think it would last many years before needing to be replaced. I just use mine indoors while my R is hibernating to keep the dust off and kids from scratching it on accident.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
I bought a cover from these guys after the Type R got booted out of the garage:
https://www.coveranything.com/
Under $160. Not exactly cheap but it fits, weatherproof and works fine.

Much better than moving blankets held down with bricks during hail storms!!:oops:
Sponsored