princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
can anyone recommend a charlotte mechanic or shop that works on the type R? need stuff installed asap, dont have the tools or patience myself lol
Sponsored

diablo2424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I too need a good Charlotte area shop to get my AC lines replaced... any recommendations in the CLT area?

Hsoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
Country flag
I got recommended driven performance I think is the shop name. I'm in Asheville though so thats a bit too far for me. He seems very knowledgeable in our talks though and friendly.

UltraMK

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic ex-t sedan, 2007 Honda Civic lx sedan
Country flag
I am also looking for a shop in the Charlotte area. The few shops I've talked to don't seem to be very confident with the platform. I would really like to find a full service spot that I can plan out a comprehensive build with and can steer me in the direction I want to go with it. I'm not the most confident under the hood but I have a really good idea of what I want the final product to be and it seems like most shops don't seem to operate that way.

OP
OP
princeRS

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I am also looking for a shop in the Charlotte area. The few shops I've talked to don't seem to be very confident with the platform. I would really like to find a full service spot that I can plan out a comprehensive build with and can steer me in the direction I want to go with it. I'm not the most confident under the hood but I have a really good idea of what I want the final product to be and it seems like most shops don't seem to operate that way.
there arent any good shops in the area but theres a few of the local R guys who work as dealer tech's & do side work

UltraMK

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's unfortunate given how big Charlotte is that there isn't more competent shops. Does anyone know if there are any even within a few hours from here? I could drive my work beater around for a couple of weeks but I would have to feel pretty confident that my 10th is in good hands if it was in Greensboro or Raleigh or something. It's kinda frustrating when you know what you want to do, are ready to do it, but can't find anyone to help you do it.

OP
OP
princeRS

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
It's unfortunate given how big Charlotte is that there isn't more competent shops. Does anyone know if there are any even within a few hours from here? I could drive my work beater around for a couple of weeks but I would have to feel pretty confident that my 10th is in good hands if it was in Greensboro or Raleigh or something. It's kinda frustrating when you know what you want to do, are ready to do it, but can't find anyone to help you do it.
if youre dead set on having a shop do it, spend the $ and go to Eurofed for installs (obv not tuning but for bolt ons). great guys over there,, added piece of mind knowing they specialize in high end european. where are you in charlotte?

UltraMK

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm on the Southside. Pretty much in between Pineville and South Park. My main issue when it comes to the tuning side of things is that I don't want to have any headaches when it comes time for inspections. I'm originally from Florida so this whole aspect is new to me. The idea of switching out stuff every year to be able to pass doesn't sound appealing to me. Thanks for the Eurofed suggestion. I've heard them mentioned by a couple of friends with GTI's. Never really thought they would do much on Japanese cars though. I'll check em out.
Sponsored