Charge pipes

ThatBlueSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Coupe
Country flag
Hello everyone,

I just got done installing my FMIC and chargepipes from PRL. I I got everything buttoned back together and during my first hard pull I heard a pop...oops.

Got home and took the bumper off again and found the issue was on the passenger side after the turbo silicone pipe. I got that back together.

My question is, it this angle too Sharp for the silicone pipe after turbo?

PS. This has been the worst install ever and the PRL instructions are basically useless.

Honda Civic 10th gen Charge pipes IMG_20210905_182856

Honda Civic 10th gen Charge pipes IMG_20210905_182844

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
That definitely looks like the hose is being tensioned. You could try rotation on both mount points.
In addition, your hose clamp should be parallel to the hose. It looks a little crooked. Perhaps, that is the result or cause of the pop.

OP
OP
ThatBlueSi

ThatBlueSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Coupe
Country flag
That definitely looks like the hose is being tensioned. You could try rotation on both mount points.
In addition, your hose clamp should be parallel to the hose. It looks a little crooked. Perhaps, that is the result or cause of the pop.
Thank you. I will try rotating again tomorrow. I'm done looking at this car for the day lol.

The pop actually happened where the post turbo silicone and prl metal pipe meet. I don't think I tightened that one down really good because it barley looked spun

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
Hello everyone,

I just got done installing my FMIC and chargepipes from PRL. I I got everything buttoned back together and during my first hard pull I heard a pop...oops.

Got home and took the bumper off again and found the issue was on the passenger side after the turbo silicone pipe. I got that back together.

PS. This has been the worst install ever and the PRL instructions are basically useless.

IMG_20210905_182856.jpg

IMG_20210905_182844.jpg
i know how you feel about the install lol ....when you tighten down the clamp don't bother using a flat head to tighten it use a socket wrench!

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
My PRL couplers for the stock piping blew off at the same spot. I thought I had it tightened down after install but I guess I didn't do enough. It was an interesting drive back home with no boost lol.

OP
OP
ThatBlueSi

ThatBlueSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Coupe
Country flag
My PRL couplers for the stock piping blew off at the same spot. I thought I had it tightened down after install but I guess I didn't do enough. It was an interesting drive back home with no boost lol.
I actually don't think I had tightened mine at all lol. When I got the bumper off again the coupler barley looked spun. I think I was so done at that point that I just didn't tighten it.

But yeah that ride home after the pop was...interesting. I was watching my ktuner v2 and I would go really rich then lean then even back out to +- 5% (which at the time was better than really lean/rich lol).

All is good now and the intercooler is definitely doing its job. After I got it put back together yesterday and did some test pulls I noticed that my IAT2 was barley moving. It was nice!

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Hello everyone,

IMG_20210905_182856.jpg

IMG_20210905_182844.jpg
It appears that your silicone hose needs to be orientated slightly differently. If you reference our pictures on our website you might be able to see it better.

https://prlmotorsports.com/collecti...ivic-1-5t-intercooler-charge-pipe-upgrade-kit