Changing Transmission Fluid

MUSTslient

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi!

I purchased the honda civic 2016 civic lx (72k miles on it) recently, and planning to do some maintance.
I'll get the oil and filter changed as well as the transmission fluid.
I'm gonna go to the mechanic that I know but I don't believe the oil and the transsmision fluid they will use be best quality so I might buy and bring them with me to the mechanic and just pay for the labor.

if I am not mistaken civic requires full synthetic 0W-20 oil, Is there any price performance oil brand you guys can suggest me to buy?
but which type of transmission fluid it is requires how much do I need, also any transsmission fluid recommendation?

I don't know if I should go to honda dealer and let them have handle it instead of bringing the oil/fluids to my mechanic and have pay for the labor because I don't know if the honda dealer will use good stuff either. They might be using what the other mechanics use and just charge extra because it is honda dealer.

Previous driver never mentioned me about he getting the transmission fluid changed. So, I'm guessing it is going to be first time. The car drives, and shifts good, I even had the mechanic checked it but who knows what's inside the transmission fluid. I have read some people having transsmision problem after getting the tranmission fluid change cuz it is too late to change it but they have it changed anyways. There is no apparent problem with the car now. If there are parts in the transmission fluid, will I have a problem when I change the transsmision fluid?
Sponsored

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Oil - Any API certificated 0W20 oil will do, making sure you change it on time, follow the engine oil life meter.

CVT Transmission. manual asked for 25k - 30K interval. It need to be Honda hcf2 CVT Fluid. Go with Honda Genuine one or other big game like Castrol or Valvoline.

OP
OP

MUSTslient

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I called a few Honda dealers near me.
Got quoted 49.99+ tax for oil change and 129.99+ tax for transmission fluid change. Sounded to me pretty good deal at the dealer if there’s no trick at the register. I better let them have handle it. Me going through all these steps just will save me a few bucks at this point. I made the appointment for Monday we will see if they tryna trick me. They said they use what Honda gives them, like manufacturer’s fluid, and oil I guess. I’m assuming manufacturer oil, and transmission fluid are good quality since the Honda gives to their dealers.
Sponsored