Sleeper_FK7

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT FK7
Country flag
Hey guys, just curious what it’d cost to have the dealer to change my transmission fluid? I haven’t heard back from them so wanted to get an idea what others have paid. Otherwise is it pretty simple to do it myself?
Sponsored

TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Hey guys, just curious what it’d cost to have the dealer to change my transmission fluid? I haven’t heard back from them so wanted to get an idea what others have paid. Otherwise is it pretty simple to do it myself?
you check online. just search up your local dealership and act like you're setting up an appointment. just curious what miles are you doing your change at?

OP
OP
Sleeper_FK7

Sleeper_FK7

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
you check online. just search up your local dealership and act like you're setting up an appointment. just curious what miles are you doing your change at?
Yeah I checked online and it said anywhere to 80-250 bucks. Was just wondering if anyone else has changed theirs and how much it was. I would be changing it at 27,000 miles maybe. I read that it should be done every 30,000 miles or possibly never so I wasn’t even sure if it was necessary but the dealer emailed me saying it was probably due for a change soon so I was just gunna get it done at my next oil change because they change my oil for free one last time. I got 4 free oil changes then I’ll probably start doing it myself

TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I checked online and it said anywhere to 80-250 bucks. Was just wondering if anyone else has changed theirs and how much it was. I would be changing it at 27,000 miles maybe. I read that it should be done every 30,000 miles or possibly never so I wasn’t even sure if it was necessary but the dealer emailed me saying it was probably due for a change soon so I was just gunna get it done at my next oil change because they change my oil for free one last time. I got 4 free oil changes then I’ll probably start doing it myself
My god, I don't even know when to change mine... these newer cars don't come with a transmission dipstick

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
My god, I don't even know when to change mine... these newer cars don't come with a transmission dipstick
Ask the dealer for schematics for the transmission and the location for the drain plug and fill plug. They should provide the info. Hopefully...

TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ask the dealer for schematics for the transmission and the location for the drain plug and fill plug. They should provide the info. Hopefully...
i know where it is.. i just literally have no idea when I'm supposed to change the fluid, bec iv'e never done it on this car.

Zed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6MT FK7 (Sold), 991.2 Carrera S, 3rd Gen Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
Sleeper_FK7

Sleeper_FK7

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
dealer just got back to me, it’s 144 for a complete fluid change. There is no filter in these newer cars so don’t have to worry about that and they use a special machine to pump out all the old fluid. I’m gunna get it changed at 27-28k mileage to be safe because I’m pretty hard on her. I might start changing the fluid every 15k myself then at every 30k getting done by the dealer. I just hear bad things about Honda transmissions and wanna stay on top of it.

ATLAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
dealer just got back to me, it’s 144 for a complete fluid change. There is no filter in these newer cars so don’t have to worry about that and they use a special machine to pump out all the old fluid. I’m gunna get it changed at 27-28k mileage to be safe because I’m pretty hard on her. I might start changing the fluid every 15k myself then at every 30k getting done by the dealer. I just hear bad things about Honda transmissions and wanna stay on top of it.
Just for comparison, down here in Georgia I was quoted by a dealer at $140+taxes

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is what to expect if attempt to DIY. Believe the Type R and should be similar to other trim models.
  • Transmission fluid change. Amsoil Synchromesh Post #34, #38
  • Transmission fluid strainer cleaning Post #385

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
They’re wrong there is definitely a transmission filter.

TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
lol here's a dumb question is it ok to change the transmission fluid at any km?

OP
OP
Sleeper_FK7

Sleeper_FK7

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
lol here's a dumb question is it ok to change the transmission fluid at any km?
yeah it wouldn't hurt anything unless you wait to long.

(ex. You change it every 10000 miles.) If anything this will really help your transmission out.)

(ex. You change it every 70000 miles.) This would be bad most likely and there is just gunk of bits of the transmission floating around in the fluid that lubricates the transmission gears.

TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yeah it wouldn't hurt anything unless you wait to long.

(ex. You change it every 10000 miles.) If anything this will really help your transmission out.)

(ex. You change it every 70000 miles.) This would be bad most likely and there is just gunk of bits of the transmission floating around in the fluid that lubricates the transmission gears.
you think the dealership would check how much fluid it has in mine? You know since there's no dipstick in mine.

OP
OP
Sleeper_FK7

Sleeper_FK7

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They’re wrong there is definitely a transmission filter.
This is for the 2.0l NA engine. I'm guessing it might also have a different cvt. But you could be right! I just thought it might not because not every car has transmission filters now. But I'll make sure to mention something to the dealer.
Sponsored

Last edited: