First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
was it an easy install? did you need to pop the panels out for the Shift Boot retainer ?

Thank you!
It's pretty easy, but you do need to pop the panel out to swap the shift boot retainer out.
Sponsored

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2000 Celica GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How was the installs? did you need to pop the panels out for the Shifter boot retainer?

Thank you :D I just ordered on on T10 IG too
It doesn't come with instructions... Lol.
But it's not bad. And yes have to pop the panel's like @hikaru stated

Make sure you get those plastic panel tools so not to dig/scratch the interior

JuiceStainD

First Name
Juice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 LX Sedan
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Changing Shift knobs on CVT automatic? E98B995A-494E-4B26-B6CD-EC251570D22C

I followed the video in this forum step by step and followed this one as well.

Honda Civic 10th gen Changing Shift knobs on CVT automatic? C2013C4D-BF71-455A-9A73-7604FA7C2EB1

Each of the 4 grommets are different sizing.

Honda Civic 10th gen Changing Shift knobs on CVT automatic? 93E813DF-337C-4F4D-9840-658C71E52B7A
Honda Civic 10th gen Changing Shift knobs on CVT automatic? ?hash=efd84aab0953b110ec186cd1a68a2398
Honda Civic 10th gen Changing Shift knobs on CVT automatic? 9AE1AF21-1D50-4711-BEF9-D087A91D2654

Slip on the shifter and put in the screws. Personally, put the correct sized grommet for my car into my shifter first then put in the screws half way before putting it on so I didn’t drop and screws.

Honda Civic 10th gen Changing Shift knobs on CVT automatic? F88F10FD-78CF-4E7D-B86F-6A63D3835E7F

Honda Civic 10th gen Changing Shift knobs on CVT automatic? 1200A032-4872-48A1-BC69-6DA9B87B041E

Last edited:

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I decided to leave the original shifter for now, but if installed the boot from our fav boot provider ;)
Honda Civic 10th gen Changing Shift knobs on CVT automatic? boot
Honda Civic 10th gen Changing Shift knobs on CVT automatic? boot2

Also, @JuiceStainD, how do you plan on getting the boot back on it?

JuiceStainD

First Name
Juice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 LX Sedan
Country flag
So I’ve had somewhat trouble of installing this than I originally thought I’d encounter in the beginning. So I’ve managed to secure it on the yellow plastic shifter thing which I’m thankful for, otherwise it’s a return. HOWEVER, as seen in the video, the plastic yellow shifter thing wobbles around while the shifter is secured to it. Anyone know how to Maguiver this?

@vladucard, and to answer your question, the plastic fins inside the top of the boot obstruct the metal bottom of the shifter when pulled up. I could use a nail clipper to trim it but then I fear that just one snip could crack the whole thing due to the nature of the material of the fins.

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2000 Celica GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Justin.
The bottom shaft of the sword is bigger (diameter) than the cars shaft. Tis why the wiggling space. Check the plumbing isle in homedepot /Lowes /hardware store.
Get some fittings to make it snug.

JuiceStainD

First Name
Juice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 LX Sedan
Country flag
Justin.
The bottom shaft of the sword is bigger (diameter) than the cars shaft. Tis why the wiggling space. Check the plumbing isle in homedepot /Lowes /hardware store.
Get some fittings to make it snug.
But it’s fully secure to the yellow shift piece. It’s the yellow piece that’s doing wobbling, not the katana handle.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The problem you got is the yellow shaft has a lot of play inside the outer metal shaft. You'll want something that has a smooth bore and rides the outer shaft if you want something that sits solid with no wobble.

here's what I got going on for mine:
here's my 3d model of the entire thing assembled. Yes, it's a weighted knob on a CVT because I wanted some fancy shit, and I wanted the aftermarket knob to sit at about stock height. The black part (BMW non threaded adapter bought from raceseng and the inside diameter bored out to 14mm) slides along the outer shaft, the oval hole at the bottom of the outer tube (outer diameter of the tube is appx 1.1", ID is 1") limits travel, and the shaft collar keeps the entire thing from going anywhere. The spring on the inside is to compensate for the extra weight of the knob:
Honda Civic 10th gen Changing Shift knobs on CVT automatic? 3d_rnder_3dd2f8ad003e06ecabfa0f71f754d4fbc1ac8fe3

and installed:
Honda Civic 10th gen Changing Shift knobs on CVT automatic? RnqIbru

edit: people have asked me to make them adapters, and it's been a while since they've asked. Legit have a list of usernames saved on a notepad on my computer of ppl that asked. Still don't have my tools and stuff set up from when I moved, and sourcing parts is a pain in the ass. The spring I used was legit from my nerf gun modding days, and it was an OEM spring from a discontinued blaster. It's not cheap to make either, since the only outer tube I found that worked with the dimensions I had to work with was made of carbon fiber, the adapter from Raceseng itself is like $20 plus shipping, and their knobs are pricey as shit. I'd imagine any 3/4-20 threaded knob will work though.

Last edited:

Acememon

First Name
Abrar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7
Country flag
The problem you got is the yellow shaft has a lot of play inside the outer metal shaft. You'll want something that has a smooth bore and rides the outer shaft if you want something that sits solid with no wobble.

here's what I got going on for mine:
here's my 3d model of the entire thing assembled. Yes, it's a weighted knob on a CVT because I wanted some fancy shit, and I wanted the aftermarket knob to sit at about stock height. The black part (BMW non threaded adapter bought from raceseng and the inside diameter bored out to 14mm) slides along the outer shaft, the oval hole at the bottom of the outer tube (outer diameter of the tube is appx 1.1", ID is 1") limits travel, and the shaft collar keeps the entire thing from going anywhere. The spring on the inside is to compensate for the extra weight of the knob:
3d_rnder_3dd2f8ad003e06ecabfa0f71f754d4fbc1ac8fe3.png

and installed:
RnqIbru.jpg

edit: people have asked me to make them adapters, and it's been a while since they've asked. Legit have a list of usernames saved on a notepad on my computer of ppl that asked. Still don't have my tools and stuff set up from when I moved, and sourcing parts is a pain in the ass. The spring I used was legit from my nerf gun modding days, and it was an OEM spring from a discontinued blaster. It's not cheap to make either, since the only outer tube I found that worked with the dimensions I had to work with was made of carbon fiber, the adapter from Raceseng itself is like $20 plus shipping, and their knobs are pricey as shit. I'd imagine any 3/4-20 threaded knob will work though.
What shifter is that? Looks great and I’d like something different then the carbon or ball I’ve been seeing?