First Name
Ivan Gonzalez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Coupe Turbo CVT 2018
Country flag
Hi Civicx Fans,

Today I have time to do mods over factory items, is time to change the low beam leds of the tray under stereo display.

I dismounted the climate control to remove the factory led that is mounted over a plastic enclosure.

This is the led I'm talking about:

Honda Civic 10th gen Changing LED under stereo display 2351309337350432416%253Faccount_id%253D1

I had to take an ultra bright green led and attach a 550 Ohms resistance for 14V wiring.

This is the final result:

Honda Civic 10th gen Changing LED under stereo display 1221551448892957376%253Faccount_id%253D1

What do you think about this simple change? I used to hate the white led that doesn't shined anything.

BMO

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX Sedan
Didn't even realize there a light in that spot. Is it always powered on? I have a whole bag of LED's and resistors. This would be more practical with a on/off switch.

OP
OP
trinitium

trinitium

Civic 10th MX Fan
First Name
Ivan Gonzalez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Didn't even realize there a light in that spot. Is it always powered on? I have a whole bag of LED's and resistors. This would be more practical with a on/off switch.
There's actually 2 LEDS, the other one is located under the first one in front of the USB and HDMI connectors.

You can use 470 to 550 resistor for the 14V connector if you are going to connect an ultra bright led.

The LED is not always powered on, the voltage is only activated when you turn on the low or high beams.

The plastic enclosure has enough space for the ub-led, I connected the resistors as an extension type.

Reactions: BMO
OP
OP
trinitium

trinitium

Civic 10th MX Fan
First Name
Ivan Gonzalez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is a night view, sorry for low quality images, my smartphone is going to be rubbish soon.

Honda Civic 10th gen Changing LED under stereo display 602194794247501614%253Faccount_id%253D1

Honda Civic 10th gen Changing LED under stereo display 6302763930563604655%253Faccount_id%253D1

This weekend I'll going to change the second LED underboard also for a green ub-led, I'd like the color, no great potency for daytime brightness but enough for night lucidity.

Also I'll bring you soon a personal MOD, I'm going to add some white leds to the glove compartment, personally I hate to have blind spots of light on my car.

Swank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks great, and great minds think alike for the glove box and other dark spots :thumbsup:

Honda Civic 10th gen Changing LED under stereo display InteriorWhitePassenger

OP
OP
trinitium

trinitium

Civic 10th MX Fan
First Name
Ivan Gonzalez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looks great, and great minds think alike for the glove box and other dark spots :thumbsup:

InteriorWhitePassenger.jpg
That's seems awesome! Nice job, I've T5 and T10 in inventory, my idea is to use them for the glove box and take a line to above the seats. Question, Your glove box is always on or you have an interruptor?, I have some limit switches to cut down the glove box line.

Do you like the green light that I'd installed? Im thinking on change the UB-Leds for RGB T5 or T10 so I'll can choose a color for any situation.

Swank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks, all the light you see there are tied to the driver's side map light so when you open the door or turn on that map light the car lights up like a supernova. I used a simple 5 meter cool white 5050 LED strip cut to various lengths all over, including the glove box. My next project; RGB strips in all the same places to come on with ACC/ignition (or maybe I'll put the pink strips in the wife's car first which she doesn't know are coming haha).

The green is really nice, but RGB can do solid green plus, like you said, a ton of other colors as well as adjustable brightness and patterns with different speeds depending on the controller/manufacturer. I'd go that route for sure now that you have the proof of concept achieved with the green LED.

One thing to note about the T10 RGB LEDs, in my experience they can only do white in the map light location/circuit unless the light is manually turned on, there seems to be a bit less voltage provided when they are on due to the door being open. This may only apply to the certain manufacturer I went with, and may never apply to your scenario, I just found it to be quite an oddity that would have been nice to know ahead of time. Given the light you're replacing comes on with the headlights I'd expect full voltage there, but you never know.

OP
OP
trinitium

trinitium

Civic 10th MX Fan
First Name
Ivan Gonzalez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@trinitium Do you happen to have a link to the resistors you used? I am struggling to understand the different types. Would something like these work? https://www.amazon.com/LM-YN-Wirewo...40491157&sr=8-3&keywords=500+ohm+led+resistor
You don't have to waste a lot of money in those resistors, I was talking in something too much basic, I'm referring to 550 ohms resistors also used for electronic topics. You can find this type of resistors in any electronic shop.

Honda Civic 10th gen Changing LED under stereo display upload_2018-10-25_14-39-30

Honda Civic 10th gen Changing LED under stereo display Resistors%3A+Size+Comparison

The electronical schematic is something like this, just change the battery concept to 12V from the car that is the output from the wires you will find.

Honda Civic 10th gen Changing LED under stereo display ledhookup-basic_led

OP
OP
trinitium

trinitium

Civic 10th MX Fan
First Name
Ivan Gonzalez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you lay a new wiring to the glove compartment?
No, I didn't, I use the stock wiring.

Hello Civic Fans!

Today I updated this lights, yesterday I bought Auto change RGB LED and replace the once I posted and also I change the Stock side console lights that you guys can also buy in Honda.

This is the console LED I posted time ago updated with RGB:
Honda Civic 10th gen Changing LED under stereo display 20181118_101253

Here's with its original enclosure that we all must has:
Honda Civic 10th gen Changing LED under stereo display 20181118_103038

And this is the Side Bar Leds that also I changed, just cutted this one and added an RGB LED:
Honda Civic 10th gen Changing LED under stereo display 20181118_113235

Results.

I ordered for Ali Express more Light Leds and will post here when updated.

Last edited:

Syco54645

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Ex Hatch, Nissan Altima
Country flag
That's seems awesome! Nice job, I've T5 and T10 in inventory, my idea is to use them for the glove box and take a line to above the seats. Question, Your glove box is always on or you have an interruptor?, I have some limit switches to cut down the glove box line.

Do you like the green light that I'd installed? Im thinking on change the UB-Leds for RGB T5 or T10 so I'll can choose a color for any situation.
What lights did you use for this? Would love to do this to my car. The lights are completely pointless as is. Did you follow a guide?

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, I didn't, I use the stock wiring.

And this is the Side Bar Leds that also I changed, just cutted this one and added an RGB LED:
20181118_113235.jpg

Results.

I ordered for Ali Express more Light Leds and will post here when updated.
More info on the side bar please. OEM or aftermarket?

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
This is a night view, sorry for low quality images, my smartphone is going to be rubbish soon.

602194794247501614%253Faccount_id%253D1.jpg

6302763930563604655%253Faccount_id%253D1.jpg

This weekend I'll going to change the second LED underboard also for a green ub-led, I'd like the color, no great potency for daytime brightness but enough for night lucidity.

Also I'll bring you soon a personal MOD, I'm going to add some white leds to the glove compartment, personally I hate to have blind spots of light on my car.
I like this very much. What I wish for is a softer light that more uniformly illuminates that Qi charger area. From that picture it looks like the green light LED creates a heavy spot focus around where the LED is, for obvious reasons. What I desire is something like an LED matrix that produces softer more evenly distributed light, kind of like an overcast sky does. Excellent nonetheless.
Sponsored