Changing instrument panel color

wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB
Country flag
Anyone know how to change the color or modified it to do so on the Instrument panel yet?
I am thinking about changing the color but, only been able to do so for the tablet screen...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Beansley

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Anyone know how to change the color or modified it to do so on the Instrument panel yet?
I am thinking about changing the color but, only been able to do so for the table screen...
Is this even a thing?

OP
OP
wdrx02

wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB
Country flag
Is this even a thing?
You can change the BG and BG color on the tablet screen.
However, the instrument panel OOB (Out of the box) is limited to the shortcuts. Albeit, there is a modification done that I have seen; where you can change the color of the instrument as well. Most; if not all.... are computer / technology driven these days. No more custom indiglo and color changing gauges anymore... unless you own a 90s automobile.

So, really... not sure what your "Is this even a thing?" referring to ;) However, yes... it is a thing especially in the earlier years and classic times :)

Last edited:

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe see if it's a function in Honda Hack. I know you can get your navigation directions on the instrument cluster.

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
I've not seen it done and would be interested in changing the colors and layout. I don't know what I'd pay to do it though, probably not much. The instrument screen has some pretty color to it, it would be cool to change it to whatever you wanted.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I believe the Instrument panel is lighted with FIXED color LED lighting, so there is no way to change it's color, unless you take it all apart, and put different color led lights in it.

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
some trim levels get RED, some get blue, no way to change it short of maybe swapping the cluster completely from one from the other trim and can't find confirmation that the new cluster would even work and not be hard coded to the VIN the way most radios are now.

Bosco72

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic coupe sport
Country flag
How do you get the directions on the cluster

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
How do you get the directions on the cluster
You just use Google maps or Waze on the tablet screen and directions and distance to turn shows up where the fuel economy is normally displayed below the speedometer on the main cluster.

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Directions on the instrument cluster come standard no hack required.
Maybe it was implemented in an update after Honda Hack released and Honda Hack just hasn't updated the feature list of their Pro version? I'm assuming most people get it to install apps and override their parking brake anyway.

Bullet_127

First Name
Arturo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You just use Google maps or Waze on the tablet screen and directions and distance to turn shows up where the fuel economy is normally displayed below the speedometer on the main cluster.
Sorry, but how? I can't seem to make it work...I have a 2017 EX-t if that makes a difference.

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
It says that it can display the turn arrows on the instrument cluster using the Hack, but I've always had the arrows come up on my instrument cluster.
Sponsored