mkanet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport 2019
Country flag
Is there any way to change the color of the dashboard display from red to blue for the Honda Civic Sport 2019? ...Not the headunit. I've seen a couple of pictures of the dashboard online... a couple of them show blue color instead of red. Maybe, that was the interior of a very similar model or from a different country? Is there a service setting that changes this color based on region?
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Is there any way to change the color of the dashboard display from red to blue for the Honda Civic Sport 2019? ...Not the headunit. I've seen a couple of pictures of the dashboard online... a couple of them show blue color instead of red. Maybe, that was the interior of a very similar model or from a different country? Is there a service setting that changes this color based on region?

Pretty sure there's no option for this.

Cdw1008

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 vti-LX hatchback
Country flag
My understanding is that red is only on the SI ( or RS in Australia) and type R. All others are blue.

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
I would of absolutely loved to be able to change the colors of the instrument panel like I can with the infotainment screen.

Lxvpq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2018 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
It's red in my 2018 hatch sport Canadian spec

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Haven't heard of a setting yet. Best guess would be to upload the different firmware from another trim.

My understanding is that red is only on the SI ( or RS in Australia) and type R. All others are blue.
Sport and Sport Touring hatchbacks have red.

Source: my '17 Sport Touring hatch

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Haven't heard of a setting yet. Best guess would be to upload the different firmware from another trim.

Sport and Sport Touring hatchbacks have red.

Source: my '17 Sport Touring hatch
Red: Sport (2019), Sport Touring, Si and Type R

Blue: LX (2019), LX-P (2016-18; trim discontinued), EX, EX-T (2016-18; trim discontinued), EX-L

Is the analog instrument cluster no longer available due to Honda Sensing being standard across all trims?

OP
OP
mkanet

mkanet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport 2019
Country flag
That's really too bad all the top sport models are red. Red doesn't look very good in my opinion compared to the blue color scheme I've seen. Maybe someone here will figure out a hack for this (using a different firmware) as @BaracksSI suggested.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Red looks great (opinion) and is commonly regarded as “sporty” (pretty much every design trend does this). The drawback is, the RPM redline is nearly impossible to tell apart from the rest of the red accents on the gauge.

WolfTrax17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Red: Sport (2019), Sport Touring, Si and Type R

Blue: LX (2019), LX-P (2016-18; trim discontinued), EX, EX-T (2016-18; trim discontinued), EX-L

Is the analog instrument cluster no longer available due to Honda Sensing being standard across all trims?
Looks that way. I absolutely love my red combo analog/digital instrument panel in my 18 Sport Hatch. It was actually my deciding factor because the full digital one in the EX is ugly AF IMO

Looks like all the 19 Sport hatch models have full digital ones now so I purchased at the right time

jtamase

the.xth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX Hatchback; 2016 Pilot LX
Country flag
I want to change the blue to red. Blue seems default and I dont mind but at least I was expecting some customization. I was a little bummed out as well that the 19 LX hatch doesn’t have an analog tac and the digital number font.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
you can't and it's stupid. Honestly i don't even want red i just don't want the ugly blue they gave us.

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, Type R 2021
Country flag
It was my question when I was researching for my purchase... It is bit disappointing but the reason they cannot change the tachometer dash color is due to the physical gauges for the temp and fuel indicator.
now if those were digital too and we can't change the dash color then honda has entered a realm of next level stupidity.

Andrea

Fly-girl
First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 peice-of-crap Murano & 2019 Black Civic Sport Coupe
Country flag
Yay! Thanks for this thread - SO EXCITED that my new Sport Coupe will have a red display! :-D
Sponsored