Change color of Map Light

koriw1.5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Stuck at a train this morning. WONDERING if anyone here has thought of or has taking the time to change the led courtesy light (red) to a different color. I'm considering white.

Honda Civic 10th gen Change color of Map Light 20200331_063956
Sponsored

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
I know a bunch of us including myself have changed the map and dome lights and I believe I saw a thread around here about changing those lights you're pointing out as well. Basically, the Sport/ST/Si and Type R have a red light there and the rest of the cars have blue I think

OP
OP
koriw1.5

koriw1.5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
If I have time in the next couple of days I'll do a DIY. See what type of led it is and if its possible to be swapped with another color. I haven't seen the backside of the plate. Only seen the homelink install thread. From those pictures the led location isn't visible.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I legit didnā€™t know bout this light till like my second week of owning my car, thought it was pretty cool.
I know a bunch of us including myself have changed the map and dome lights and I believe I saw a thread around here about changing those lights you're pointing out as well. Basically, the Sport/ST/Si and Type R have a red light there and the rest of the cars have blue I think
Iā€™d try for a nice blue since itā€™s my favorite color, but then I wanna change the push start illuminating and also the dashboard as well. Thought it was configurable, last car was a ā€˜13 civic Lx and was able to. :(

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
I legit didnā€™t know bout this light till like my second week of owning my car, thought it was pretty cool.

Iā€™d try for a nice blue since itā€™s my favorite color, but then I wanna change the push start illuminating and also the dashboard as well. Thought it was configurable, last car was a ā€˜13 civic Lx and was able to. :(
Yeah I didn't realize how much it helped seeing the center console area till I covered it with my finger once. Also, you used to be able to configure those lights on your 9th gen?

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I didn't realize how much it helped seeing the center console area till I covered it with my finger once. Also, you used to be able to configure those lights on your 9th gen?
9th gen didnā€™t have the ā€œcenter red lightā€. But we were able to change the color of the dashboard, like the illumination on the speedometer and such. Which was fun.

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring Sedan (automatic)
Country flag
Stuck at a train this morning. WONDERING if anyone here has thought of or has taking the time to change the led courtesy light (red) to a different color. I'm considering white.

20200331_063956.jpg
Mine is bluešŸ¤”šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø