Championship White Bumper Holes & Bumper Plugs

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
The goal of this post is, can we help each other out and get the bumper plugs cheaper?

I'm sure people here are familiar with http://www.bumperplugs.com because this forum is were I learned about them, not sure exactly what section or post that was. I think it was someone with a white sedan who posted photos of them.

I have no affiliation to them whatsoever, but they sell good products. Nicely finished and elegant bumper plugs to cover holes drilled on your front bumper.

They have all kinds of car makes’ colors. However, they don’t have Championship White. They do offer us custom development but it’s way more expensive. $28 for two plugs if the color was available vs $150 for six plugs if custom ordered. When custom ordered, I can’t get less than six because it doesn’t make financial sense for them to develop it.

What they did say though, is that if they get at least 10 orders, they could offer it. So they put the color on a trial run after I shared my interest, here:

https://www.bumperplugs.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=1_11_101&product_id=101

I have no issues having bumper holes on my Civic Type R. In fact I have them, the car comes with dimples already in place for them. Why do I have them? Because my 06 Si doesn’t and it has gained me nothing in 12 years other than a license plate frame headache. It flaps around, etc.

My CR-V had the holes and I outgrew them, I learned that I didn’t care at all. But with the Type R I sometimes want to take nice photos without the license plate frame, and I don’t want the holes. But I also want a properly centered license plate that’s sturdily installed at other times, it is a requirement in California. One of Honda Pro Jason’s and Honda’s own PR photos or a CR-V has the holes and they tried to hide them for the photos, which I thought was funny and cool. It made me feel better about the holes my CR-V had.

See Honda’s own CR-V with disguised holes here:

And so doing it the way Honda designed it seemed sensible, even though I think they’re not-so-smart for “forcing us” to do it that way. Dealers are even more not-so-smart for not always giving the customer the option. They claim it’s a state requirement that the car is sold with the frame ready for a license plate even though there is no license plate at the time of purchase. I don’t know how true that is, but that’s what they do.

So if you have a Championship White Type R with holes, or plan to hole it, this is a good solution. We can help each other get them for a reasonable price if 10 of us order them. They are very high quality, these people pride themselves with “perfection” and I personally like that kind of dirty talk. I feel that those who aren’t obsessed with high quality products lack the ability of speaking such verbiage.

They also sent me an email this morning stating the following, I'll quote them exactly:

"...It takes 11 days to layer and bond a factory finish to the material. We won’t cut corners and we only use the highest quality chemistry and factory formulations for the 1600+ colors we stock. This is not a simple spray job. 9 layers of color to the finish plus 3 stages of clear, quite a bit of hand sanding, and multiple cure cycles in our downdraft system. It’s a work of art when done.

: )

$7.95 basic shipping for 1 pair and up to 9 pairs in one order. No additional charges. Overnight is an option, but most use standard – which is usually USPS Priority boxed with tracking, protective packaging and insurance."

Do we have 10 people interested? I also posted this same thread at the Temple of VTEC here:
http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=1354666
Sponsored

voglaj

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR - SOLD
Country flag
Does anyone have a photo of the championship white car with them in?

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
I bought these for my '16 Fiesta ST (white) and my '14 Civic Si (also white). I dont have holes to fill on my R but if I did I'd buy these, they match really well and are a high quality product.
Sponsored