FK7NorCali

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport hatchback
Country flag
I'm thinking about getting a vented hood for my civic but I'm worried the sound of the injectors will be so loud I won't hear my intake or people will think my car is dying lol. Anyone have a vented hood? How bad is the injector tick tick tick noise? Thank you.
Sponsored

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Injector noise? Unless you are going to track the car, a vented hood is a rather silly use of your money. Even then, it’s still a bit impractical. Looks cool? Yes!
If you are worried about injector noises I would just sell the car broski. Or step up and get a big turbo so the blow off drowns out the injector noise.

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Injector noise? Unless you are going to track the car, a vented hood is a rather silly use of your money. Even then, it’s still a bit impractical. Looks cool? Yes!
If you are worried about injector noises I would just sell the car broski. Or step up and get a big turbo so the blow off drowns out the injector noise.
it's a great waste of money as is any other modification especially the big-turbo upgrade (got that too).

Honda Civic 10th gen CF vented hood engine noise IMG_1340

yes. you will hear the injectors more but it's still 100% worth it.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
From my perspective owning an FK8, when im driving, the sound of my intake and whoosh is a lot louder (since my hood vent is almost directly over my intake). You dont hear the injector noise, but im not sure if there are noise differences between the fk7 and fk8.

From outside while youre idling, you dont hear your intake anyways but the tick of the direct injection isnt too noticeable.
Sponsored