First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am pretty stoked to have my new 27won exhaust currently being shipped. Is there any special way to maintain it to protect it and keep it looking new? Does anyone CeramicPro coat their SS exhausts? I had my stock tip treated when my car was done. In the North we use de-icing agents during the winter and things get pretty messy. But I also don’t want to apply a protective coating if it’s not required or detrimental to the material properties, and also wouldn’t want to void the warranty. I would likely not do the entire unit just the back part and I would get it done before installing. Thanks in advance and stay healthy. I’ll post some sounds clips when it’s done.
Sponsored

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Thusee did a ceramic coat on his exhaust and it works very well. I'm certain you could ask him about it.

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I applied Kamikaze Stance Rim Coat before install. Also coated the new Rays 57CR wheels.

Very happy after two years on my Corvette's Corsa Sport exhaust and forge wheels. No maintenance just walk away after wash and blow dry with Master Blaster.

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Thusee did a ceramic coat on his exhaust and it works very well. I'm certain you could ask him about it.
It was actually a metal polish that was used on the exhaust, the one I used is called "AUTOSOL METAL POLISH" can be bought off Amazon and comes in a tube, I use it with a microfiber cloth but can be used with a polishing pad. Just apply it in circles slowly and then gradually pushing in harder to get off the black "Soot".

Works pretty amazing, I do it about once a month.

OP
OP
ManitobaSI

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I originally last year got the tips CeramicPro coated. It did nothing. My tips got seriously bad over winter. I got pretty worried. I just today used Autosol as per @Thusee with 00 Steel wool and now they look Brand new. Anyone who gets an exhaust and wants to protect and polish I highly recommend Autosol.
Honda Civic 10th gen CeramicPro protection of new exhaust? EBFA7174-1F84-4F55-9629-979DA86E44DF

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Almost three years to some of the item coated, and still going strong, using Stance Rim Coat on both my two toy's exhaust, Corvette's forged and Rays 57CR rims and just last week, received 27Won's FSTB and applied two coats of Stance Rim Coat for long term ease of maintenance, before install.

One major attribute on Stance Rim Coat is that it can withstand heat. So I also use that on brake caliper and engine components.

Most people believe ceramic coating need no maintenance follow application! Simple fact is, it still does, but makes maintenance easier due to the fact contamination has hard time stick to it.

After metal surface is properly prep/polish/clean, application of proper ceramic coating will perform as designed. Maintenance on my exhaust tips following each drive is light spray/mist car shampoo on 4"x4" piece of paper towel, Then, spray clean water mist and wipe dry. Takes less than 5 minutes for the job. I clean my exhaust tips more often aside from regular complete wash.

HB tips:-

Honda Civic 10th gen CeramicPro protection of new exhaust? B387AA4F-A489-469B-91AE-09B50C3B4C37

Corvette tips:-
Honda Civic 10th gen CeramicPro protection of new exhaust? B65F484A-003D-4223-80D0-C57C654C8602

As an aside, beside the initial use of Autosol type metal polish, I go a few steps more by using Micron grade diamond paste to get the mirror polish I prefer. Mirror polish surface has less surface imperfection, to the naked eyes, so it offers less grip for contamination as well.

So, basically, after spending time building foundation on initial prep/polish/clean, then ceramic coat, maintenance is rather simple.