Ceramic coating your CTR? Advices

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
You could always just go with the front only wrap. I'm more worried about the hood than the bumper(plastic)

Some of my cars that dont have the wrap have so many dimples in the hood its so bad from highway driving.
I hear you on that. I actually wouldn't worry about the hood because it's aluminum and won't rust anyway!
My 09 has stone chips on the A-pillar and fenders but the front bumper has rejected chipping - probably because it's plastic like you said.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
Nothing more satisfying to me then seeing the results of waxing a car. I will stick to old school and just use carnauba paste wax as I have done for many years on my vehicles. Meguaire's Gold Class is what I have used for about 20 years. Yes, I know I do not get chip protection, but I wouldn't with ceramic either and PPF is just too darn expensive. I had been a nose mask (bra) guy for my cars, but don't think I will put a nose mask on this one.
Honda Civic 10th gen Ceramic coating your CTR? Advices wax

OP
OP
lbiaggi

lbiaggi

First Name
Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Honda Prelude SI
Nothing more satisfying to me then seeing the results of waxing a car. I will stick to old school and just use carnauba paste wax as I have done for many years on my vehicles. Meguaire's Gold Class is what I have used for about 20 years. Yes, I know I do not get chip protection, but I wouldn't with ceramic either and PPF is just too darn expensive. I had been a nose mask (bra) guy for my cars, but don't think I will put a nose mask on this one.
wax.png
Funny my coworker and die hard cadillac guy told me to wax and stick with it

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
Ceramic coating is on my list, but my priority was to have the PPF done first since it'll help reduce rock chips (yes, i know it won't fully repel rocks) before I have the ceramic coating done. Reason being is that the ceramic coat will only help the car look clean

KMG

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, 2014 Optima SX-t, 2010 Chevy Traverse LTZ
If this is a car that will see a lot of highway use I would highly recommend you get at least a partial front with PPF if not a full front. To do the entire car with PPF in my opinion is just not practical or worth the expense. I will be using CQuartz Professional or Finest Reserve on my Si here in the next few weeks. I will also be pulling the wheels and spraying a coating on the wheels, along with a glass coating on all the windows. Haven't made up my mind what I want to use quite yet.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
wax.png
I've been using Gold Class also but I've not been good enough about reapplying. It would be easier if I didn't daily the car, but it's holding up well anyway.

KMG

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I prefer a sealant over a wax in most instances. Two that are very easy to apply and will last you several months are Carpro Reload Spray Sealant or Gtechniq C2V3 Liquid Crystal. Very little of this product goes a long way, typically 1-2 sprays per panel and you will want spread the product with one towel and follow up with a second towel to buff dry. Both of these products are extremely glossy, slick and very hydrophobic.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Funny. In 28 years owning vehicles, all I've ever done is hand wash and towel dry on a weekly basis and the paint still looks new the whole time. Of course, I've also owned 25 vehicles during that time, so I don't keep some of them long enough for the paint to dry. :) However, I did keep one for 7 years, another for 4, and several for 2. They're always garaged when I'm not at work.

All the perfumes, deodorants, shampoos, makeups, lotions, and other potions in the world won't replace a warm, soapy shower every day. ;)

CHAMPIONSHIPWHITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRZ,S2000,CTR,PASSPORT
Country flag
Funny. In 28 years owning vehicles, all I've ever done is hand wash and towel dry on a weekly basis and the paint still looks new the whole time. Of course, I've also owned 25 vehicles during that time, so I don't keep some of them long enough for the paint to dry. :) However, I did keep one for 7 years, another for 4, and several for 2. They're always garaged when I'm not at work.

All the perfumes, deodorants, shampoos, makeups, lotions, and other potions in the world won't replace a warm, soapy shower every day. ;)

I have not owned nearly as many as cars as you. 25 cars in 28 years is very impressive.

My commuter car has so many rock chips in the hood and bumper. I do about 18k miles a year and 80% of it is highway. The PPF comes in handy.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have not owned nearly as many as cars as you. 25 cars in 28 years is very impressive.
No, it's foolish and excessive, but it's my Achilles' heel. Some people buy designer clothing, eat at fancy restaurants, take exotic vacations, buy McMansions, and have lots of kids. Me? I buy cars and electronic gadgets. :D

CHAMPIONSHIPWHITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRZ,S2000,CTR,PASSPORT
Country flag
No, it's foolish and excessive, but it's my Achilles' heel. Some people buy designer clothing, eat at fancy restaurants, take exotic vacations, buy McMansions, and have lots of kids. Me? I buy cars and electronic gadgets. :D

I guess if I were replacing cars that frequently i wouldnt really apply any protection. You wont have it long enough to really worry about taking care of the paint =)

KMG

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

When dealing with clients statements like this make me cringe most of the time. Nine times out of ten when I hear my car is in excellent condition from a potential client, it ends up being far from in good condition. I am not saying this is the case with you, but honestly most people really are just that clueless when it comes to the true condition of their vehicle.

Here is the latest example of a car that I received where I had this comment.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ceramic coating your CTR? Advices {filename}

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So once you coat it, do you just warm up the engine, crack that VTAC-YO, and let it blow dry? Do you still need to wax over the protection? I've never lived with any ceramic protection before, just self-installed carnuba wax so far.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When dealing with clients statements like this make me cringe most of the time. Nine times out of ten when I hear my car is in excellent condition from a potential client, it ends up being far from in good condition. I am not saying this is the case with you, but honestly most people really are just that clueless when it comes to the true condition of their vehicle.

Here is the latest example of a car that I received where I had this comment.
Oh, no. I'm not your ordinary, everyday tiger. :) I'm an OCD, clean-freak, perfectionist. I'm one of those who depresses the Lane Watch button on the end of the turn signal lever when cleaning my vehicle so I can remove any accumulated dust in the inside with a damp Q-tip. The main reason I don't need "paint protection" is because I don't tailgate gravel trucks, drag sand across my paint, or live on a farm where chickens will poop all over my car. In short, I try to avoid damaging the factory finish in the first place negating the need for "protection" or "correction". ;)
Sponsored