Ceramic Coating Worth it?

thebayareacivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Hello guys. I am getting my black civic 2016 ex detailed after three months, buffing and polishing, but the one thing im thinking about is having to get the ceramic coating. 5 years for $975 and 2 years $575. Debating if its worth it or not. What do you guys think?
PS. My car has slight scratches from shady people and a couple from the dealer they tried taking off.
Sponsored

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wouldn't spend close to 1k for a Civic. I did however get paint correction and Cquartz UK put on at a deep discount. Good to have detailer friends :D

nielboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 BMW 435i X-Drive
Country flag
I've had both Opticoat Pro & CQuartz Finest applied to two different vehicles......both metallic black.

It's not worth the money.

I posted my opinions on semi-permanent coatings in this thread.
http://www.civicx.com/threads/best-combo-for-water-beading-sheeting.3606/#post-61018

Get a good detailer to do a paint correction on your car instead, then maintain it yourself until you think it needs a pro detailer again. It's much cheaper going that route.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the Simonized coating, not sure if it's the same thing though. I think its worth it just to protect against fading or oxidation. To each his own though.
Sponsored