Ceramic coating quote

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
I got a $700 quote for 3 layers of Ceramic Pro on my new LE CTR. Can anyone tell me from experience if Ceramic Pro brand is solid, and if $700 for 3 coats seems reasonably priced? Thanks

edit: tldr: did my own DIY ceramic coat, video here
Sponsored

Last edited:

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
I got a $700 quote for 3 layers of Ceramic Pro on my new LE CTR. Can anyone tell me from experience if Ceramic Pro brand is solid, and if $700 for 3 coats seems reasonably priced? Thanks
Depends on your area, and the actual service being done. 95% of the cost is the labor to do paint correction, and application, only 5% (if that) is the actual product.

From the "3 layers" that sounds like the Ceramic Pro Silver package. Does that include windows, wheels, trim, etc? These are the quotes I got from my local shop in the Bay Area CA, but again the rate will vastly differ based on the labor rate. I was able to get a "packaged deal" with my tint install and knock the price down a bit as well.

Bronze Package- $690
Extreme Gloss
1 layer of Light gloss paint coating
1 layer of Light on plastic and rims
1 layer of Rain on windshield and front side windows
2 year Warranty
Will take 3-4 days for install

Silver Package- $1290
Extreme Permanent Gloss
1 layer of 9h Glass Shield
1 layer of 9h on plastic and rims
5 year Warranty
Will take 4-5 days for install

Gold Package- $1690
Extreme Permanent Gloss
4 layers of 9h paint coating Glass Shield
1 extra layer on exposed areas
1 layer of 9h on plastic and rims
10 year Warranty with yearly inspection
Will take 5-6 days for install

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Ceramic Pro is all marketing trash. $700 also seems too cheap. I doubt that includes any real paint correction.

Try to find a more reputable shop that offers Kamikaze coatings or Modesta. CQuartz would be decent too.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
I’ve been pretty happy with my “marketing trash” ceramic pro. It’s coming up on one year on the car and still beads water like crazy. Makes washing so much easier. That price is a bit lower than what I paid.

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
I've also been very happy with my Ceramic Pro for the last 2 years. As long as you don't believe any marketing that it will protect your paint (if you want paint protection get PPF, Ceramic Coat of any brand will not help), and are only looking for something to both protect the clear coat, and make washing easier and skip waxing then a Ceramic Coat of any brand is great.

Really the cost of coats is all in the labor, and I wouldn't recommend any specific brand over another. If a shop is going to quote you more because of the marketing behind Ceramic Pro (or whoever) then for sure look at other options, but almost every coating should be similar in price and performance, so don't feel that one is better than the other.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I wouldn’t say ceramic pro is bad but there are definitely better options. Personally, majority of the cost for coating is in the prep work so after all that work I would like to put on something good. My personal preference is modesta.

As far as that cost goes, $700 seems pretty cheap. Does that even include a good paint correction.

OP
OP
WindJunkie

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks all, let me confirm precisely what the $700 gets me. The shop I'd like to take my car to is across the state, which I wouldn't be able to get to anytime soon. The place that is quoting me is local. I'll report back

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Does a '21 even need paint correction? Maybe that's why it's on the cheaper side. You'd need at most a 1 step polish to remove the swirls from the dealer.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
That seems like a pretty decent deal for what is being offered.

Ceramic pro certainly isnt trash, but its not the best stuff out there from what I understand. They have excellent marketing out of most ceramic coating companies out there, which is why I think people overestimate the quality of the product. Their stuff, from my conversations with my detailer, is a pain in the ass to apply.

In most cases, I think a one step with an 18 month protection, youll find yourself in the $1000 area, but keep in mind YMMV based upon your location.

I think the most important thing to keep in mind is that if youre going to ceramic coat your car, you should most definitely have at minimum, a 1 step correction done.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Does a '21 even need paint correction? Maybe that's why it's on the cheaper side. You'd need at most a 1 step polish to remove the swirls from the dealer.
I think the definitions of "1 step" and "2" step vary from detailer to detailer based on what is done, but I would consider even a 1 step, a type of paint correction and even on new cars Id consider it worthwhile. The amount of factory swirling ive seen on new car is out of this world.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I hope I didn’t offend anyone because I made that statement. I’ve been detailing cars as a side gig for several years now and have experience with multiple different brands of coatings. I say CeramicPro is all marketing because their product doesn’t live to the hype at all. Their warranty is nearly impossible to get covered due to all of the tiny little details and things you need to do to maintain the coating. The coating itself I’d say is pretty average in terms of looks / gloss enhancement. A coworker of mine got their car done and paid for 1400 for the basic package. When I saw the car I couldn’t even tell it was coated other than noticing hydrophobic properties

The price you pay for ceramic pro can get you many different top shelf options.

I just last year did a 2 step correction + 1 layer of Kamikaze Zipang and 1 layer of Kamikaze Miyabi. This combo is rated 3-5 years durability with semi self healing capabilities. This by far IMO is the best available coating on the market.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ceramic coating quote AI34Msl

Last edited:
OP
OP
WindJunkie

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hope I didn’t offend anyone because I made that statement. I’ve been detailing cars as a side gig for several years now and have experience with multiple different brands of coatings. I say CeramicPro is all marketing because their product doesn’t live to the hype at all. Their warranty is nearly impossible to get covered due to all of the tiny little details and things you need to do to maintain the coating. The coating itself I’d say is pretty average in terms of looks / gloss enhancement. A coworker of mine got their car done and paid for 1400 for the basic package. When I saw the car I couldn’t even tell it was coated other than noticing hydrophobic properties

I just last year did a 2 step correction + 1 layer of Kamikaze Zipang and 1 layer of Kamikaze Miyabi. This combo is rated 3-5 years durability with semi self healing capabilities. This by far IMO is the best available coating on the market.

AI34Msl.jpg
WIsh you were local to me!!

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag

AI34Msl.jpg

just goes to show how much impact good marketing has on a product id say. They are definitely a hyped brand. Plenty of other good options out there like you said.

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Does that price include paint correction? I used C-Quartz 3.0 and did it myself. If you have a garage it may be worth considering. CQuartz was super easy to do. Cost me the price of the bottle $80.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
My place on Long Island did a full frontal PPF (plus B/C pillars) with xpel ultimate for $2350 and applied ceramic pro to the whole car (gold package with lifetime warranty) for $1800. So far, so good. My supervisor had ceramic pro done on his tesla 3 years ago at the same place, still holding up well.
Sponsored