Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
I use turtle wax spray on ceramic and it works great. You just don't get the paint correction you get with a professional installation, and you have to reapply on a normal basis.
Sponsored

Deleted member 51112

Do it yourself and save a boatload of $! I've done 3 of my cars myself now, with great results... is it hard to do? Nope. is it fun to do? nope. But do you like to save tons of money or are you lazy and don't like to put in your own "sweat equity" on your own? Mother's CMX is what I use. $20 a bottle + a $2 applicator which you throw away after using. On my 2020 Hatch I did the coating (3 layers) last May, its been thru a handful of car washes, mostly washed with California Gold by hand and water bead's and rain and dirt falls off the car still like the day I did it last Spring.

CanadaCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R (CW)
Country flag
I use turtle wax spray on ceramic and it works great. You just don't get the paint correction you get with a professional installation, and you have to reapply on a normal basis.
If you put the Turtle Wax Ceramic products on prepped paint (very easy to do yourself, especially if you don't actually need polish correction) they perform exactly the same as a professional coating, and are a lot less effort and less expensive to maintain over time. If you don't want to do any prep, just make sure you are refreshing it at least every few washes with one of the maintenance products (the ceramic wet wax is by far the easiest) and you will always have a good layer of protection. That is pretty much what I recommend to most people as there is no real downside anymore.

Turtle Wax used to be kind of an average brand offering only traditional/basic products, but they hired a new chemist a few years ago and have been putting out some genuinely excellent products for extremely low prices. Their ceramic/hybrid solutions products also have no VOC's, they have UV protection, and you don't have to toss out you microfibers after using them like you do with some other ceramic coatings. Chemical resistance and ease of application is some of the best out there as well. The only one that is kind of a gimmick in my opinion is the ceramic car wash soap. I'm a big fan of their 2in1 polish as well, you control the cut depth with the pad, very little heat build up, and when you're done polishing you also are left with a perfect ceramic coating.