Ceramic Coating Q&A

Suma Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVICX
Country flag
Always curious about ceramic coating? We're here to answer any questions that you might have?

We know it can pretty confusing with all the information out there. And it doesn't have to be expensive and can be applied by DIY user like you. Here, we wanted to create thread such that members can post any questions that you might have on ceramic coating?

Our ceramic coating, actually all car detailing products, were developed in-house tested with detailers and car enthusiasts to make sure they are easy to apply while still provide the professional results.

https://www.sumaperformance.com/pages/ceramic-spray
Sponsored

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVICX
Country flag
Still mirror shine after 2 weeks, driving in the rain.

Ceramic spray was applied two weeks. It has been raining for the past two weeks in Seattle. The ceramic coating was doing its job in repelling dirt and grime.

Res0zsfa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona N, CTR, G35 (sold), 01 s2k, 370z (sold)
Country flag
I’m still a noob with the ceramic coating/spray stuff. I always washed and waxed the car right after. Does this spray go on top of the wax.. ? Or is this a wax alternative?
And will it wash off after a car wash and I would need to reapply?

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVICX
Country flag
I’m still a noob with the ceramic coating/spray stuff. I always washed and waxed the car right after. Does this spray go on top of the wax.. ? Or is this a wax alternative?
It is a wax alternative! Our ceramic goes directly on to top of your car, all surfaces (paint, wrap, ppf, etc).

It lasts a few months up to 6 months and more, unlike wax that is typically washed off rather quickly. That's the reason a lot of people switching to non-wax alternative these days.

Res0zsfa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona N, CTR, G35 (sold), 01 s2k, 370z (sold)
Country flag
It is a wax alternative! Our ceramic goes directly on to top of your car, all surfaces (paint, wrap, ppf, etc).

It lasts a few months up to 6 months and more, unlike wax that is typically washed off rather quickly. That's the reason a lot of people switching to non-wax alternative these days.
Im going to give this a try ??

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
in order To apply to the vehicle, do you have to do the same type of preparation as the conventional ceramic coat? I mean paint correction, clay bar, waxing, then removing any contaminants with alcohol and then applying the product?

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVICX
Country flag
in order To apply to the vehicle, do you have to do the same type of preparation as the conventional ceramic coat? I mean paint correction, clay bar, waxing, then removing any contaminants with alcohol and then applying the product?
Technically no for both our spray and the conventional ceramic coating.

The reason for all the prep is to make sure the paint surface is perfect and no contamination such that the coating can bond directly onto the paint, which makes it last longer.

So the good thing with the spray is that, it's easy to apply. Let's say you don't feel like doing all the steps in the prep. You can still use the ceramic spray for still having the benefits. Just simply reapply when the coating comes off.

Does that make sense?

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
It's a wax alternative. I would suggest getting the real deal ceramic coating (the one that comes in small glass bottles which last for years) and then spraying this one on top of it. Basically having 2 sacrificial layers that is not your clear coat

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVICX
Country flag
This is the traditional ceramic coating (LINK), just back in stock.

1 layer lasts 2 years. 2 layers lasts years. If you want an alternative, of course, you can use our spray version (LINK).
Sponsored