Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do it full time, I do mobile detailing in socal

How does it work out not being in a garage? I wager you cannot do Cermic Pro, or Gyeon or any of the professional coatings? Do you offer a warranty? What do you advise as a curing time?

I ask because this would be difficult in Florida due to the rain :( However, it would be very profitable.

Thatguyraw

I don’t own a civic
First Name
Raw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
How does it work out not being in a garage? I wager you cannot do Cermic Pro, or Gyeon or any of the professional coatings? Do you offer a warranty? What do you advise as a curing time?

I ask because this would be difficult in Florida due to the rain :( However, it would be very profitable.
I do all of my paint correction and coating at home in my garage, my mobile is more of car wash\ceramic maintenance wash and baking cherry wax. I use Gtechniq CSL and EXO v4 prosumer grade coating that offer 3-5 years with proper maintenance. I offer 2 year warranty to my customers and I do maintenance wash their car most of the time. Curing time 3-5 days depending on the temperature.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mocaSi

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si & 2016 Honda Fit
Country flag
Well ladies and gents, the car is nearly just as bad. They truly fixed 2 spots, the right taillight and a quarter sized spot on the front bumper. I'm in shock. They told me over the phone more than once they would strip and recoat the entire car. They didn't. These are high spots from the initial coating 2 months ago and for whatever reason they're refusing to fix them properly. My wheels are a nightmare, thank the Lord I didn't buy aftermarket prior to this. It was clear and sunny so I couldn't notice any high spots when I picked it up for the third time!! Waited until dusk and boom it's all still there. Just as bad in all spots except the taillight and spot on the bumper. This whole time they've blamed my wash method and spray detailer. On my initial visit they said get chemical guys everything and now they say chemical guys is not good. This is their excuse. They refuse to take responsibility for these high spots that are blatant. The son argued with me about high spots when I dropped the car off and it's humiliating that he works there for a living and he knows less than me about coatings. He argued and argued that a bright sunny day is best to locate high spots when that's opposite of the truth. Cloudy or dusk beats any fancy light you can shine and bright sunshine is the worst for locating high spots. This is a confirmed fact by the highest names in the ceramic coating world. They also keep blaming the forums I'm on. What the hell does that mean!? The forums magically created over 100 high spots on my car?! I can only assume they're on here and have been reading this. They had 3 chances to make it right. Didn't take responsibility, blamed me the whole time and blamed chemical guys. I told them I located all these spots BEFORE I even touched the car. What a shame. What's next boys? I think they're staging excuses because they know it's inevitable that they need to give me a full refund. I have to get this fixed and they sure as hell won't be doing it. It would be one thing if they held up there end and stripped and reapplied. But no, lie after lie after lie. Three strikes you're out.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well ladies and gents, the car is nearly just as bad. They truly fixed 2 spots, the right taillight and a quarter sized spot on the front bumper. I'm in shock. They told me over the phone more than once they would strip and recoat the entire car. They didn't. These are high spots from the initial coating 2 months ago and for whatever reason they're refusing to fix them properly. My wheels are a nightmare, thank the Lord I didn't buy aftermarket prior to this. It was clear and sunny so I couldn't notice any high spots when I picked it up for the third time!! Waited until dusk and boom it's all still there. Just as bad in all spots except the taillight and spot on the bumper. This whole time they've blamed my wash method and spray detailer. On my initial visit they said get chemical guys everything and now they say chemical guys is not good. This is their excuse. They refuse to take responsibility for these high spots that are blatant. The son argued with me about high spots when I dropped the car off and it's humiliating that he works there for a living and he knows less than me about coatings. He argued and argued that a bright sunny day is best to locate high spots when that's opposite of the truth. Cloudy or dusk beats any fancy light you can shine and bright sunshine is the worst for locating high spots. This is a confirmed fact by the highest names in the ceramic coating world. They also keep blaming the forums I'm on. What the hell does that mean!? The forums magically created over 100 high spots on my car?! I can only assume they're on here and have been reading this. They had 3 chances to make it right. Didn't take responsibility, blamed me the whole time and blamed chemical guys. I told them I located all these spots BEFORE I even touched the car. What a shame. What's next boys? I think they're staging excuses because they know it's inevitable that they need to give me a full refund. I have to get this fixed and they sure as hell won't be doing it. It would be one thing if they held up there end and stripped and reapplied. But no, lie after lie after lie. Three strikes you're out.
ouch, sorry to here that. sounds like they only fixed what they could see and totally disregarded any advice for inspecting the car in the light and in the shade. at this point i would talk to the owner. seems like the son is making excuses to get his ass out of hot water for his mistakes. if they have to result to blame a forum for their mistakes, then they should no longer be working on anyone elses car.

i hope this problem gets sorted out for you. best of luck man

OP
OP
mocaSi

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
ouch, sorry to here that. sounds like they only fixed what they could see and totally disregarded any advice for inspecting the car in the light and in the shade. at this point i would talk to the owner. seems like the son is making excuses to get his ass out of hot water for his mistakes. if they have to result to blame a forum for their mistakes, then they should no longer be working on anyone elses car.

i hope this problem gets sorted out for you. best of luck man
I appreciate it. Yeah I sent them ten pictures I took with each high spot marked with tape and they totally disregarded them. I spent over 2 hours combing thru the car finding each and every spot which is incredible because here I am paying them to do a service and I'm having to spend my own time being the qc man. Yeah his mom and dad are the owners, I spoke with the dad the second time I was in the shop and he was an ass and I spoke to the mom this last time. She is always very pleasant minus her trying to pin the problem on me saying it's the products I'm using to wash. And every time I tell her, I marked the high spots before I washed it!!! But keep in mind these high spots were created 2 months ago when the clown did my initial coating. Yeah I agree, hopefully it's just their good ole boy son that sucks and he's no longer aloud to coat.

Thank you so much for your concern. I'll be updating as things happen.

OP
OP
mocaSi

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Final update on this huge mess guys. I sent the owner a nice long professional email today of all the reasons I need my money back. Much to my surprise she responded quickly and asked to PayPal the money back! I received the full amount via PayPal moments later. Seems like they knew it was inevitable that they would need to refund me. I couldn't be happier to put this whole mess to bed, minus that I still have a rookie ceramic coating on my car. Way I look at it is I had someone do a mediocre coating on my car that lasts for 3+ years for zero bones. I feel much better and relieved guys. Thank for all the input and advice I've received throughout this whole painful process!

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
nice man. but sorry that you had to go through that terrible experanice . glad that it was mostly sorted out.

OP
OP
mocaSi

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Free ceramic coating that will last lol ... I cannot blame you.
Yeah I know right lol what does the coating look like once it's been on a few years? Does it show signs of wearing off or is it still invisible?

Archie

First Name
Cj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic coupé lx 2017
Country flag
Yeah I know right lol what does the coating look like once it's been on a few years? Does it show signs of wearing off or is it still invisible?
You’ll know by washing your car. Water will stay on your car if the coating is done.