Ceramic Coating after 2 years

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Hi All,

I used CQuartz 3.0 on my car when it was new 2 years ago. I'm not sure how much of the coating is still on, if anything. Has anyone re-applied ceramic coating?

Im thinking of getting another bottle of CQuartz and reapplying. Should I repolish the surface or can I apply it straight over the old one as my paint is still in great condition. Any advise or tips will be greatly appreciated!!
Sponsored

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
In average, it has a durability of 2 yrs or more. If the water still repel from the surface, the coating is still on. You can reapply but will require to polish the surface to remove any swirls/scratches/etc. so that it gives the best results.

20BlackSi

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2021 Silverado 1500 RST
Country flag
I know this is an old post but I was curious if you water tested your old coating if if you reapplied? I just used CQuartz Lite for the first time over the weekend and I think it looks nice. I found a few spots after the fact that I didn't wipe off but I'll live with them until they fade. I might do the 3.0 next time.

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I know this is an old post but I was curious if you water tested your old coating if if you reapplied? I just used CQuartz Lite for the first time over the weekend and I think it looks nice. I found a few spots after the fact that I didn't wipe off but I'll live with them until they fade. I might do the 3.0 next time.
As much as possible, try to correct the high spot while the coating is still ā€˜freshā€™.

Try by going over a few passes on the high spot you found with the CQuartz Lite. By doing so, it acts as a solvent to soften the high spot, afterwhich, wipe off with the microfiber tower. Might need a few times to soften the high spot has fully cure.

Once this is corrected, next time when you do the 3.0, you will achieve a better results.

20BlackSi

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2021 Silverado 1500 RST
Country flag
As much as possible, try to correct the high spot while the coating is still ā€˜freshā€™.

Try by going over a few passes on the high spot you found with the CQuartz Lite. By doing so, it acts as a solvent to soften the high spot, afterwhich, wipe off with the microfiber tower. Might need a few times to soften the high spot has fully cure.

Once this is corrected, next time when you do the 3.0, you will achieve a better results.
I did come back the following day and tried to reapply like you mentioned but I only tried it once and gave in as I didnā€™t see any results. Next time Iā€™ll know to treat the area repeatedly to soften it like you said. Itā€™s only a few high spots thatā€™s arenā€™t noticeable to anyone but me. I should have kept my mouth shut after applying to my Civic. I have since treated two other cars ( each with 2 coats) and Iā€™m doing one more on the next clear weekend we get. That 150ml treated a civic, accord, and CRV and still have 1/4 bottle left. Maybe Iā€™m being too skimpy on the application?
Sponsored