Center display dead - $1350+ taxes to replace?!

Tzidd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Hi all -

I recently posted about my 2016 EX Civic's center display randomly just showing lines and dead spots. Initially, pulling fuses and disconnect/reconnecting the battery fixed it - but now nothing works, and the screen is permanently showing what is on that photo. Weirdly, the touchscreen works fine (if I can remember where certain buttons are since I can't see them). Audio is fine too. No other electronic aspects of the car are affected it seems.

I was very much dependent on this screen and was one of my fav features in the car. Took it to the dealership for an assessment today and they said the unit needs to be replaced - and quoted 1350+taxes to buy and install a new one.

There's no way I can afford that right now. I'm sort of a novice, but willing to learn. I'd appreciate any advice re alternatives I could try or attempt to replace it myself. Just have no idea where I would start.

Thank you.
Honda Civic 10th gen Center display dead - $1350+ taxes to replace?! 29582623-A588-4939-8638-8F2235B8C264
Sponsored

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm pretty sure the best solution is to buy the same radio from the same model off eBay, those usually cost about $250 shipped and should be plug and play, replacing the radio literally takes about 10 minutes

Here is the tutorial how to remove it:

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
buy a used on ebay they usually 200-300 and they are easy to replace
You can try maybe removing the radio and checking the two connections on the bottom of the screen in the back that might be the cause.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag