First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
  • Banned
As the title states, I am starting a thread on how many people find sliding the cup holders in the arm-rest cubbie to be difficult or cumbersome?
Sponsored

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine requires some effort but its also very smooth

un hombre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.5 Sport+GT White
Country flag
And I will trade my Euro spec Civic cup holder for yours - our cup holders don't slide at all and just stay in place... :p

OP
OP
sonicBOOMgray

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
  • Banned
And I will trade my Euro spec Civic cup holder for yours - our cup holders don't slide at all and just stay in place... :p
I know a great color you can wrap your car with. Actually, what I thought was an issue isn't really one but just wanted to know if others felt similarly. We can almost cancel this as inconsequential cause I love the large center console.

brclark80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, Rallye Red
Country flag
Mine is very bad. Sometimes I have to pull or push it so hard, then it just jerks forward so fast it slams into the plastic. It may have some drink spills in it, but it's always been pretty difficult to slide it.

OP
OP
sonicBOOMgray

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Mine is very bad. Sometimes I have to pull or push it so hard, then it just jerks forward so fast it slams into the plastic. It may have some drink spills in it, but it's always been pretty difficult to slide it.
^ this (directing this to the plethora of other posters here) It slams when you slide it. Does it need cleaning, maybe that's it. I need to clean this car weekly. so glad I didn't get a black or other car color cause then I would be washing it weekly.

Last edited:

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Mine is fine.

Something's not set up right if yours has problems. It's spring-loaded, right? At least one of the cupholder's rails should retract when you push the thumb slider thing.

OP
OP
sonicBOOMgray

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Mine is fine.

Something's not set up right if yours has problems. It's spring-loaded, right? At least one of the cupholder's rails should retract when you push the thumb slider thing.
oh shit, are you supposed to push the lever thing to slide it or to take it off cause I thought it the lever was to remove it and not to slide? I might not know how to use a cup holder slide thingy. This is akin to me not knowing I had a turbo in my LX (on the drive home only) cause it wasn't intuitive that a lowly base model would have some giddy up.

hatch_dawg

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
oh shit, are you supposed to push the lever thing to slide it or to take it off cause I thought it the lever was to remove it and not to slide? I might not know how to use a cup holder slide thingy. This is akin to me not knowing I had a turbo in my LX (on the drive home only) cause it wasn't intuitive that a lowly base model would have some giddy up.
I think you only need to press the lever when you remove the cup holder

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Nah the push tab thingy on the cup holder is only there to remove the receptacle itself. you dont need to push it to slide.

If its a serious issue, im serious, i'll trade you my sport cupholder. it doesnt have that felt so itll slide around easily.....a little TOOOO easily.

OP
OP
sonicBOOMgray

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
Nah the push tab thingy on the cup holder is only there to remove the receptacle itself. you dont need to push it to slide.

If its a serious issue, im serious, i'll trade you my sport cupholder. it doesnt have that felt so itll slide around easily.....a little TOOOO easily.
It just gets debris filled a lot, that's all. Case closed.