ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Don't you want to show off you acuity/Hybrid racing short shifter in all it's beauty but dont want to show all the loose wires?

there needs to be a market for a Center Console Delete. I personally don't store anything in my center console except for the use of the cup holder.

imagine trimming the center console completely down to maybe have the console 2" tall. Enough height for cupholder a small section for a compartment. A bracket for support. You'd loose the arm rest yes. Just throwing ideas out, shark tank.

Honda Civic 10th gen CENTER CONSOLE DELETE 1599135916903

Honda Civic 10th gen CENTER CONSOLE DELETE 1599135376796

wintercast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 2009, Si Coupe 2019
Country flag
Im having a difficult time seeing this. But i like the center console and arm rest/ drink area. I also often carry a large hydroflask and love that it fits in the console and does not interfere with shifting. I also like the cockpit feel i get in the car.

Honestly, i think without the center, it would like more like the 8th gen and honestly i hate the way those shifters look.

Joev492

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Maybe someone will come along and make a clear plastic oem fit console lmao

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Some guy on here made a plexiglass boot to show off his shifter but I forget the post is, I think he used a 3d printer - I'm sure he could do something for the center console

But yeah I think it'd look cool but I could never, I throw so much shit in there.. too much... I got airpods in there, a half empty water bottle, gas receipts, some leftover tinfoil with tortilla in it from chipotle... ok time to clean my car

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen CENTER CONSOLE DELETE 1599138315297

Another issue I see besides the awkward space between the seats now is exposed carpet edges = anything you drop can be gone forever. My .02, if I'm trying to flex and show off my shifter assembly, I'm trying too hard. You cover your motor with a hood, you cover your threadripper with a cooler, and you cover your neat shifter with a console. /shrug. To each their own, power to you if you want to do it.

OP
OP
ATM

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen CENTER CONSOLE DELETE 1599138592294

in this screen shot, it shows you can put the portion of the console back to where it almost floating. Gives you function of the R/Sport, Brake buttons. But at this point, you dont want to put pressure on it as theres no support.

for the red carpet exposure,... i think of having the center console delete extend all the way up to the front and have the panels cover the carpet.

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
The only benefit I see to keeping it exposed it so that you can make quick adjustments to it.
There’s also some weight savings, I suppose. Might matter to someone looking to lighten the car as much as possible.
Not really feeling it, but then again, as long as the OP is happy with the mod, that’s the only opinion that should count for him.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Someone handy with steel tubing could easily make a skeleton frame that keeps the center console features while opening up the sides. Then just dress up and hide the exposed wires.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like acuity did exactly what I was thinking about. Looks good.

820BDED9-5627-4B5D-857B-CF6E69A83AAC.jpeg
Someone handy with steel tubing could easily make a skeleton frame that keeps the center console features while opening up the sides. Then just dress up and hide the exposed wires.
I could see something like a decorative plexiglass display.
Honda Civic 10th gen CENTER CONSOLE DELETE 1626480119713

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

OsirisPalko

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
The shifter supports the tray with parking brake and sport mode. It bolts to it.

You can 100% do this but I found that when a passenger puts their coat in the footwell it can interfere with shifting. Found that out the hard way and put it back.

I do keep toying with the idea and setting it up again but I'd have to have a cup holder relocate. Probably will do it when it's more track tot than daily.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good idea! What color?
yes? lol with modern leds you change them but if it was my interior id make it red to match my interior leds from honda
Sponsored