Center console armrest too low

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
So the problem is the everyone wants to drive with there right hand while still resting it on the arm rest? Lazy driving if you ask me.
Sponsored

EMPhoto

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I agree that the center armrest is a bit too low but I'm six foot four. I'm just happy I found a car with enough head room.. (Non moon roof)

Roombo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T w/ HS
Country flag
Does it go well with the looks and everything?
It does look good. I have the black interior cloth. Same material (or very close) to the existing armrest. Like spandex. I'll take a pick today if I have time.

Honda Civic 10th gen Center console armrest too low CivicRest.JPG

airgas1998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' civic touring sedan
Country flag
no issues
Am I the only one who thinks the center armrest is about 1 1/2 " low compared to most other cars. Also if you're going to make the mistake of not having a knob for the audio volume , have the control in the steering wheel closer to the left side so that you can adjust it without releasing your grip on the wheel. Two minor complaints on an otherwise we'll thought out vehicle. The Honda ergonomics team was off their game a little that day.
no issues at all with either of your complaints...you must be an odd shaped dude...lol

pincusterp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX
It does look good. I have the black interior cloth. Same material (or very close) to the existing armrest. Like spandex. I'll take a pick today if I have time.

CivicRest.JPG
Wow, that looks decent. Think I'll get one. Thanks for selling me with the pic!

SumDuud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX
Country flag
I agree with the OP. That was one of my bigger complaints about the overall well designed car. My first *new* car and I love the thing, but I would like some extra height on the arm rest, it's petty but I've had the thought a few times that it seemed low. I will check out the elbow buddy thing. I'd also love to have a change drawer on the left console under the buttons for assistive driving stuff, but I guess that's a different post. lol

As for usable, I take a 32 ounce bubba mug with me to work and it fits perfect in there.

So the problem is the everyone wants to drive with there right hand while still resting it on the arm rest? Lazy driving if you ask me.
Lazy? I drove a stick for years and habit from that was to have my hand on the stick. Now it feels right to have my hand there.

Roombo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T w/ HS
Country flag
I agree with the OP. That was one of my bigger complaints about the overall well designed car. My first *new* car and I love the thing, but I would like some extra height on the arm rest, it's petty but I've had the thought a few times that it seemed low. I will check out the elbow buddy thing. I'd also love to have a change drawer on the left console under the buttons for assistive driving stuff, but I guess that's a different post. lol

As for usable, I take a 32 ounce bubba mug with me to work and it fits perfect in there.

Lazy? I drove a stick for years and habit from that was to have my hand on the stick. Now it feels right to have my hand there.
This is great for change:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CRO4IK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yosemite Sam

Honda was my first car brand and probably my last!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
The height doesn't bother me as much as the fact the actual rest doesn't come forward enough due to the cup holders, my arm is barely on the darn thing. It is a minor annoyance for me though, I usually try to drive with both hands on the wheel anyways.

pincusterp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX
No matter your height, it all depends on how high/low you like to sit. I'm only 5'10" or so but I like to sit high up (about 4 cranks below highest setting on manual seat...I have EX Hatch). In this position, the armrest is too low and, yes, I lean to the right much like your stick dude. For the record, I mostly only have my left hand on the wheel and am simply resting my right elbow on the armrest.

Ramone179

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic HB sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm 6'1 and find the arm rest perfect! Also, I have the seat slammed as low as it will go for head room (which I have about 6"s of!!!). Also, I like to sit in my cars not on top of them. Coming from the 17WRX I traded in for my Hatchback sport...now that was a ridiculously low and absolutely unusable arm rest! Honestly, if I could've sat lower and had headroom, Id probably still have the WRX. Im sure happy it wasnt right, though! I love my hatch more than I ever did my WRX.

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
Am I the only one who thinks the center armrest is about 1 1/2 " low compared to most other cars. Also if you're going to make the mistake of not having a knob for the audio volume , have the control in the steering wheel closer to the left side so that you can adjust it without releasing your grip on the wheel. Two minor complaints on an otherwise we'll thought out vehicle. The Honda ergonomics team was off their game a little that day.
Umm... Why not just use the volume control that's on the steering wheel?

And centre console is perfect height. Is the highest iv ever had in a car. Maybe you should think about making your body smaller.
Sponsored