Center Caps & (Locking) Lug Nuts

mjdecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Sedan, '23 Subaru BRZ Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Weather is finally warming up to where I can swap back on the alloy wheels (17' Si, 18"). I've been looking around for a few weeks but haven't found anything definite so I figured I'll ask it here.

I'm looking for some basic black ones lug nuts (along with a locking set while I'm at it).
I'm finding these models for OEM Honda Black Lugs
08W42-SCV-101 - Black Locking
08W42-TGG-100 Black Lug 4 pack, so I'll have to buy 4 of these (or find a set on ebay)

Are there any off brands out there that will work with the OEM wheels or will I have to bite the bullet and buy the OEM ones? Mostly, it's just the basic black lugs that'll total over $100.

On to the center cap, I'm looking to have a vinyl sticker made (with the Si logo) but I'm either looking to find a blank set (that's flat) that'll fit in the OEM wheels or need advice on how to remove the honda logo from the center caps without breaking them. I see the two tabs in the back but doesn't want to be popped out easily (are they glued in by chance?).

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Pchilnsf415

Weather is finally warming up to where I can swap back on the alloy wheels (17' Si, 18"). I've been looking around for a few weeks but haven't found anything definite so I figured I'll ask it here.

I'm looking for some basic black ones lug nuts (along with a locking set while I'm at it).
I'm finding these models for OEM Honda Black Lugs
08W42-SCV-101 - Black Locking
08W42-TGG-100 Black Lug 4 pack, so I'll have to buy 4 of these (or find a set on ebay)

Are there any off brands out there that will work with the OEM wheels or will I have to bite the bullet and buy the OEM ones? Mostly, it's just the basic black lugs that'll total over $100.

On to the center cap, I'm looking to have a vinyl sticker made (with the Si logo) but I'm either looking to find a blank set (that's flat) that'll fit in the OEM wheels or need advice on how to remove the honda logo from the center caps without breaking them. I see the two tabs in the back but doesn't want to be popped out easily (are they glued in by chance?).

Thanks in advance!
I have these.

Honda Civic 10th gen Center Caps & (Locking) Lug Nuts 7161440E-5A40-429E-AE6E-07D283E3E6EA

Honda Civic 10th gen Center Caps & (Locking) Lug Nuts 619616B0-15AA-4E7D-9040-6190A3DCD355

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Sold), 2020 BMW M2C
Country flag

Thanks in advance!
The center caps are on there tight but they just pop out. If you have the wheels off, apply even firm force from the inside as to not snap one of the tabs. I've heard people having luck using tape to pull them off from the outer side but I could not get it to work even with super strong 3M tape.

e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
The center caps are on there tight but they just pop out. If you have the wheels off, apply even firm force from the inside as to not snap one of the tabs. I've heard people having luck using tape to pull them off from the outer side but I could not get it to work even with super strong 3M tape.
He has the center caps off the wheels, what he is trying to do is remove the Honda 'H' from the cap - I have seen other posts where this has been removed, but no DIY or tips were provided.

OP
OP
mjdecker

mjdecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Sedan, '23 Subaru BRZ Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have these.

7161440E-5A40-429E-AE6E-07D283E3E6EA.jpeg

619616B0-15AA-4E7D-9040-6190A3DCD355.jpeg
Perfect! Thank you!

Ah.. okay. No idea about that. But as for blanks, any black universal cap should work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-Universal-Wheel-Center-Cap-60mm-2-3-8-Gray-Can-Fit-Audi/112665302394
Honda Civic 10th gen Center Caps & (Locking) Lug Nuts 129213829282864240 Honda Civic 10th gen Center Caps & (Locking) Lug Nuts 620393657970333485

So the outer two pegs appear they can pop put but still not budging even after taking a heat gun (thinking they may have been glued). So my options now are to either take a dremel and cut the pegs off or buying a blank set.

What is the official size of these? I'm measuring it at 70mm and if I end up buying a blank center cap, I just want to make sure it'll fit before.

This is the idea what I plan (along with the black lug nuts)
https://3dcarstickers.com/photo/img/180917.jpg