So-Called Party

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic
Country flag
Here's mine that I created and 3D printed for an Apple MagSafe adapter. The driver's console trim has been the perfect spot for me since the first prototype 2 years ago. I made sure not to block access to any features like vents, emergency lighting, or storage. The mount is printed in ASA filament and has performed well in extreme heat and cold. Itā€™s available on Etsy!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1291389956/

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount Cable Routing Bottom Auto

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount Passenger Phone Auto

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount Driver Phone Auto

Last edited:

CarolMartin

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic
Country flag
Here's mine that I created and 3D printed for an Apple MagSafe adapter. The driver's console trim has been the perfect spot for me since the first prototype 2 years ago. I made sure not to block access to any features like vents, emergency lighting, or storage. The mount is printed in ASA filament and has performed well in extreme heat and cold. Itā€™s available on Etsy!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1291389956/

Cable Routing Bottom Auto.jpg

Passenger Phone Auto.jpg

Driver Phone Auto.jpg
That 3D-printed cell phone holder you crafted for the Apple MagSafe adapter is seriously intriguing! The fact that it's been holding up well for two whole years speaks volumes about its durability. The use of ASA filament, withstanding extreme temperatures, is quite impressive. On my end, I've come across this elegant car phone holder that piqued my interest lately. It offers a sleek and stylish way to keep your phone easily accessible in the car. While your DIY solution is undoubtedly impressive, sometimes it's nice to have options that are readily available without the hassle of crafting it yourself.

Last edited:

So-Called Party

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic
Country flag
That 3D-printed cell phone holder you crafted for the Apple MagSafe adapter is seriously intriguing! The fact that it's been holding up well for two whole years speaks volumes about its durability.
Thank you!

Itā€™s been a fun project, and Iā€™ve learned many new skills because of it. I honestly canā€™t tell you how many Iā€™ve printed at this point. Some of the versions attached surprisingly well with a piece of ribbon. The trim piece would dislodge before the mount would begin to budge. Though, I found the ribbon attachment method difficult to explain to others or source materials. Adhesives do the trick just fine in most conditions. Some phones triggered a redesign. The iPhone 14 in particular increased the camera bump, causing the phone to not seat properly on the MagSafe magnets. Iā€™ve since moved the mount location up slightly, near the temperature knob to improve adhesion and give additional clearance for larger phones.

This specific thread was the most helpful resource for what people had tried. Thatā€™s why I didnā€™t feel bad for reviving an old post to shamelessly plug it. šŸ˜

On my end, I've come across this elegant car phone holder that piqued my interest lately. It offers a sleek and stylish way to keep your phone easily accessible in the car. While your DIY solution is undoubtedly impressive, sometimes it's nice to have options that are readily available without the hassle of crafting it yourself.
That one looks great, but misses the mark on MagSafe compatibility and phone location in my opinion. I found one similar to what you linked to on Ali Express that is MagSafe compatible about a year ago. I donā€™t think it was listed as a ā€œcar mountā€ but used the same adhesive as car mounts. It was about $15 and took over a month to arrive. I just couldnā€™t find a good location for it in the Civic. So I gave it to someone with a 4Runner that has an ideal flat surface close to the diver. I donā€™t have a link for purchasing, unfortunately. Couldnā€™t find it again when I searched for it again a few months back.

Last edited: