CEL code for running rich why?! Engine shaking.

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Didnt see this post before I created a new thread. But I'm having almost the exact same problem. Prl sri with street maf and ktuner 19.5. Currently on stock tune with ltft at -9% after a 10 minute drive.

After I get my car back, I'll do some data logging and post it.

Max120297

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2017 Sedan EXL
Please help :(. I got Injen short ram intake and I also upgraded MAF sensor Spectra Premium too. Those number way off and I dont know how to fix it. The car running factory

Honda Civic 10th gen CEL code for running rich why?! Engine shaking. AE73B531-A7EB-47A1-B703-460ABCC1E614

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Please help :(. I got Injen short ram intake and I also upgraded MAF sensor Spectra Premium too. Those number way off and I dont know how to fix it. The car running factory

AE73B531-A7EB-47A1-B703-460ABCC1E614.jpeg
You need to pay for a custom tune unfortunately. Swapping back to the stock MAF sensor might shed more light on the issue as well. Tho the injen intakes for the 10th gens have been known to run bad

Last edited:
OP
OP

GarbageFk7

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7 2018, Civic Type R
Country flag
Didnt see this post before I created a new thread. But I'm having almost the exact same problem. Prl sri with street maf and ktuner 19.5. Currently on stock tune with ltft at -9% after a 10 minute drive.

After I get my car back, I'll do some data logging and post it.
Yea same I removed the intake and I'm at around -14 long term now. Are you running the prl intercooler too? My engine still vibrates quite a bit but not as much anymore. Yea post the logs if you can. Thanks.

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Yea same I removed the intake and I'm at around -14 long term now. Are you running the prl intercooler too? My engine still vibrates quite a bit but not as much anymore. Yea post the logs if you can. Thanks.
I'm running stock intercooler. I havent noticed my car running any differently other than the ltft being way off. I'll post those as soon as I'm back home in two or so days.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh. No it was already driven for a while, then I went inside the house to do something. Anyways I'm wondering then if the car got really hot and the AFR went way off because the intake temps were super hot while idle and then the maf was sensing more fuel than air, that is why the cel came on, hence running rich?
Look at your PRL MAF housing, does it have an R on it anywhere?

Honda Civic 10th gen CEL code for running rich why?! Engine shaking. upload_2019-3-20_9-23-8

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
Your talking about likely hitting the LTFT max which is throwing the code. That's generally -25%. As you have all these aftermarket parts I would check over the install and check for leaks in the system as this seemed to happen to you while idling a long time. When you're at idle the intake system is under a vacuum vs cruising being equal to atmospheric pressure and under acceleration your + for boost. So a leak in the system under a vacuum even past the turbo can result in the car running rich while under boost would have the opposite effect. Datalog it and this should point you in the right direction given the circumstances and you should also be able to hear an air leak, but not always

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Bump posted datalog in the civic si forum under "prl intake install now running rich"

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I'll echo the posts from above - you need to look at your MAF housing and see if there's an "R" on it. You may have a Race MAF, which would require fuel trim correction.
Sponsored