Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Without knowing the code it is very difficult to adjust the defouler. You are essentially just guessing and going the wrong way will make it worst. Most autoparts stores will read your codes for free or you can pick up a cheap OBDII scanner on amazon for under 20 bucks. We put a lot of testing into our defoulers. A random one from another company most likely wont work.

P0420 - Turn defouler out 1-2 turns.
P0139 - Turn defouler in 1-2 turns.

Make sure you pull the battery after each adjustment to clear your emissions trims.
Sponsored

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Make sure you pull the battery after each adjustment to clear your emissions trims.
It is easier just to pull the ECU fuse.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is easier to just pull the ECU fuse.
I've never tired that. Do you know which one is it? Does it just say ECU in fuse box?
Based on memory it does. :thumbsup:

Reactions: RV6
OP
OP

swoletato

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX-P Coupe
Country flag
Without knowing the code it is very difficult to adjust the defouler. You are essentially just guessing and going the wrong way will make it worst. Most autoparts stores will read your codes for free or you can pick up a cheap OBDII scanner on amazon for under 20 bucks. We put a lot of testing into our defoulers. A random one from another company most likely wont work.

P0420 - Turn defouler out 1-2 turns.
P0139 - Turn defouler in 1-2 turns.

Its slow 02 response code. My CEL comes on once a week then goes away after a couple of drives. My catted DP did not come with a defouler so that is why I had to buy one and I did not see any on the RV6 website.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
The slow response is 0139 code, which means the sensor is too far from the exhaust gasses.

I had the catless for about a year and now catted RV6 downpipe for also about a year. Catless I couldn't get the CEL to go away regardless of what I did. With the catted pipe I would get 0139 when I was using the 90-degree defouler. You shouldn't be getting P0139 with the O2 sensor plugged directly into the pipe, which is what I ended up doing. I occasionally get P0420 when the moisture is high.

On another thread, a person was able to minimize the P0420 code by adding two washers to the O2 sensor -- no defouler.

Hope this helps.

Side-note, are you tuned and do you have any other bolts on equipment such as intake or exhaust? If so, which brand/models?

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Its slow 02 response code. My CEL comes on once a week then goes away after a couple of drives. My catted DP did not come with a defouler so that is why I had to buy one and I did not see any on the RV6 website.
On another thread, a person was able to minimize the P0420 code by adding two washers to the O2 sensor -- no defouler.

Side-note, are you tuned and do you have any other bolts on equipment such as intake or exhaust? If so, which brand/models?
@swoletato I'm the guy acidfly is referring to with the 2 washers used as spacers. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get it to go away completely, but was able to minimize the CEL the best I can with the RV6 catted downpipe combined with KTuner + AEM Intake. Currently, I am searching for the smallest size defouler/spacer available to find the sweet spot between RV6's short spacer, and the 2 washers I'm currently using.

For us to be able to help, you need to get an ODII reader (which can be found under $20 off Amazon) to let us know if it's P0420 or P039. We also need to know whether you have KTuner (Hondata isn't available for 2.0L's) or any aftermarket intakes installed.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My CEL is like the best barometer ever. My CEL had been off for a couple of weeks, monstrous clouds came in, I was cruising at 40-45mph, *badink*, CEL on. 10 minutes later it was dumping rain. Temperature around 70ºF.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I need something I can power my laptop with to run Ktuner to get some logs. The battery on my laptop doesn't last for shit when Ktuner is running.

Chandler92

First Name
Chandler Boyer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic si
Country flag
Have any of your guys fuel trims been off after putting the dp on. Mine went crazy all the way up to -25 stft and it goes to -21 and cel came on for fuel system to ruch then got a missfire code last night.

LJD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Sedan
Country flag
Have any of your guys fuel trims been off after putting the dp on. Mine went crazy all the way up to -25 stft and it goes to -21 and cel came on for fuel system to ruch then got a missfire code last night.
That sounds like your upstream O2 may be getting funky. check its connected properly and you have no leaks at the turbo

LJD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Sedan
Country flag
The best way to deal with the CEL is to get a fully adjustable defouler and thread the O2 in for not enough air and thread it out for too much, depending on code.

I have a few hundred miles on my RV6 catted and no CEL, just a funny smell.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are you 2.0NA or 1.5L? I've never gotten those codes.