catted vs catless downpipes

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How much louder is cattless dp and front pipe with stock? Do u have any video?
It doesn't get too loud.. it just add a bit of rumble at 2000-3000rpm.

If you are looking for exhaust sound, you should look into catback.
I know some ppl do muffler delete but I don't like how it sounds
Sponsored

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would just wrap the DP with DEI titanium heat wrap and seal it with DEI silicone heat spray.
It keeps the heat within the dp much better than that medal heat shield..
Or you can wrap and heat shield for best performance.
RV6 has ceramic coating option, its same idea except its ceramic coated to begin with compare to heat wrap after ward.
I wrapped mine DP with DEI .. and sealed it with dei ceramic heat spray... It traps the heat way better than any heat shield.. and it is cheaper than ceramic coating.

bgutierrezx

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic ext 4dr sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wrapped mine DP with DEI .. and sealed it with dei ceramic heat spray... It traps the heat way better than any heat shield.. and it is cheaper than ceramic coating.
This right here ?
I didn’t even know this was a thing. I looked it up & got my self a can. Thanks !

Honda Civic 10th gen catted vs catless downpipes 4CC8D440-88BC-48B4-A63C-09E771C9E5FC

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
my sport has a catless dp/fp from cnt, stock exhaust and its perfect to me, low idle noise but rumbles to 3k, highway driving sounds very subtle and city driving sounds low and deep.

Radsolutionz

First Name
Rahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI 4dr
Country flag
It doesn't get too loud.. it just add a bit of rumble at 2000-3000rpm.

If you are looking for exhaust sound, you should look into catback.
I know some ppl do muffler delete but I don't like how it sounds
Reason I ask is I have prl catless dp fp coming in, but I'm trying to use with stock exhaust to keep it as quiet as possible. I have 2 options, I can swap dp for catted with prl or I can install an additional resonator.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This right here ?
I didn’t even know this was a thing. I looked it up & got my self a can. Thanks !

4CC8D440-88BC-48B4-A63C-09E771C9E5FC.png
yes, that's the thing.. spray it.. let it dry.. repeat a few times.. if you have an oven , you can bake it .. if not.. it's ok too..

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Reason I ask is I have prl catless dp fp coming in, but I'm trying to use with stock exhaust to keep it as quiet as possible. I have 2 options, I can swap dp for catted with prl or I can install an additional resonator.
you should be fine with stock exhaust. no need another resonator IMO. The main problem of catless is.. it smells especially when it is new. The smell ease out in a few months.
Make sure you use DEI titanium wrap to heat wrap it.. and seal it with DEI heat spray.. it will wrap the heat very well and force the hot exhaust gas to front pipe faster.

I bought CTR OEM exhaust from catback... I will update how it sounds like. Reason I do it is, i want a better flow exhaust without making it too loud. type R exhaust looks perfect to my need.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
The ceramic option on the RV6 catless downpipe was well worth it. Without it, discoloring will happen.

After running mine for a few months, the raspiness, what little there was, has been muffled to a light rumble. It sounds like a pro tuner ricer. It's definitely louder, but not obnoxiously so. The 30hp gain is definitely noticeable.

I'm still on stock, single pipe exhaust otherwise. I imagine a better resonator, wider pipe and upgraded muffler would help to accentuate the sound to be a bit more pleasing.

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
The ceramic option on the RV6 catless downpipe was well worth it. Without it, discoloring will happen.

After running mine for a few months, the raspiness, what little there was, has been muffled to a light rumble. It sounds like a pro tuner ricer. It's definitely louder, but not obnoxiously so. The 30hp gain is definitely noticeable.

I'm still on stock, single pipe exhaust otherwise. I imagine a better resonator, wider pipe and upgraded muffler would help to accentuate the sound to be a bit more pleasing.
How is the smell while going catless? is it bearable with the windows down?

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's pretty loud. I have PRL's Catless DP + FP combo, stock resonator and muffler delete. I only hit about 50% throttle and this vid and it's already starting to scream LOL.

I smell E85 more than anything else. Very little exhaust smell, mostly E85. Can't complain. :beer:

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Its definitely noticeable sitting idle, but not at all in motion. It's a sweet but toxic smell. Honestly hasn't bothered me other than when remote starting in the garage with the garage door open. And even then just hop in the car and go. Smell is honestly a nonfactor unless you spend a lot of time idling in traffic with the windows or vent open. It absolutely wouldn't stop me from utilizing it. The legal stuff hasn't, but I have yet to try to run through inspection. And even then, it's a 30m swap and back to the inspector.

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
Think I am going with 27won Drop in turbo upgrade and their dp/fp combo. Keep my PRL cobra and get PRL FMIC.
Probably the FMIC first to get it over with so my car stays nice and cool with the new gains from Turbo/FP/DP.

Blah and a new clutch before the turbo / FP/DP. :doh:
Know this post is a little old but if you haven't pulled the trigger on the fmic I'd hold off cuz 27won got one in development. I have the w1, it's great. Wish people would look at things the way I do, find the most cost efficient way with parts known to be reliable to get up to 400whp on a fwd car if it's a daily driver, anything beyond that is a money pit track car. Speaking from experience

Radsolutionz

First Name
Rahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI 4dr
Country flag
Its definitely noticeable sitting idle, but not at all in motion. It's a sweet but toxic smell. Honestly hasn't bothered me other than when remote starting in the garage with the garage door open. And even then just hop in the car and go. Smell is honestly a nonfactor unless you spend a lot of time idling in traffic with the windows or vent open. It absolutely wouldn't stop me from utilizing it. The legal stuff hasn't, but I have yet to try to run through inspection. And even then, it's a 30m swap and back to the inspector.
I went with catted version to keep noise to minimum. I just installed over last 2 days dp fp from prl. Totally worth it

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
I have no idea...... All I have been hearing about so far is FX350 or 400. I dont really know that much about it. Havent done much research on what the best option is. First time being in the market for it.
I'd go fx400 with the single mass flywheel. I've got it but still not installed, went fx300 and after w1 install and tune on e85 it started slipping under a strong load in high gear

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
Honestly wonder if people have an odor cuz of poor install and a small leak. I run PRL cat less dp/fp and only time I smell anything is when I hop right out and go to open the trunk it's some what noticable but definitely so on a cold day and a short drive
Sponsored