First Name
Ryota Watanabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did the oem heat shields bolt up to the 27won Downpipe with no issues?
No issues at all, reuse all OEM bolts to bolt on the 27won DP.
My god, thank you!!!! I think this is the very first clip of a catted DP/FP without a damn res delete muffler delete. Everyone is doing it and i think it is messing up the sound.
:bow:
Yeah I hated the sound from the muffler delete and resonator delete from everyone. It just sounds like a fart cannon with ridiculous amount of rasp.
Sponsored

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
No issues at all, reuse all OEM bolts to bolt on the 27won DP.

Yeah I hated the sound from the muffler delete and resonator delete from everyone. It just sounds like a fart cannon with ridiculous amount of rasp.
Yesssss.:yes:
Checking out your car on instagram. Almost makes me wish I went with black.
Which do you like better? PRL or 27won DP?
You have ran both correct?
I am all for spending extra cash for the better product.

Vader_Si

First Name
Ryota Watanabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yesssss.:yes:
Checking out your car on instagram. Almost makes me wish I went with black.
Which do you like better? PRL or 27won DP?
You have ran both correct?
I am all for spending extra cash for the better product.
Haha thank you! :)
Nah I never ran the PRL DP or FP.
27Won is my first DP/FP on my car.
I'm taking a different route because everyone seems to be running the same brand, I wanted to be different. Also, 27Won blog has the DP/FP tested and that sold me. Sound is also lowkey quiet, but still crackles.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm taking a different route because everyone seems to be running the same brand, I wanted to be different. Also, 27Won blog has the DP/FP tested and that sold me. Sound is also lowkey quiet, but still crackles.
Did your car crackle with the stock DP? Why does a car crackle? Did you have to use a defouler?

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
I am kinda thinking the same thing... I like my PRL Cobra but after I get Intercooler I might start focusing my attention towards 27WON.
Did you do the install yourself? Was looking at the directions 27 provided and they seem to be taking off a lot more than other people are to do the DP/FP install.

Vader_Si

First Name
Ryota Watanabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did your car crackle with the stock DP? Why does a car crackle? Did you have to use a defouler?
I have the defouler, but I'm not using it because I have hondata to cancel my check engine light. My car rarely crackled with the stock downpipe, after switching to an aftermarket downpipe it started crackling.
I am kinda thinking the same thing... I like my PRL Cobra but after I get Intercooler I might start focusing my attention towards 27WON.
Did you do the install yourself? Was looking at the directions 27 provided and they seem to be taking off a lot more than other people are to do the DP/FP install.
I had someone install it, but there's a problem. I want the PRL cobra intake it's the best out rightnow. With my 27WON intake it's usually all over the place with IAT around 20-30 ambidient temperature to outside. PRL cobra keeps it really low around 10-15 sometimes even lower.

Last edited:

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Pretty sure that the reverse is true, sadly.

Hi @PRL Motorsports, really excited for this kit and was wondering if you will ever consider offering it with a catted downpipe option and if not, would you consider fabbing one up as an added cost/custom option for those of us that want this kit but would like to run a cat?

Also, lots of us are looking forward to the results of the Gen2 GTX2860R, seems like it will be the perfect option to hit 325-340whp on 91 octane crap gas.

You guys rock, keep up the good work!
We have plans for a catted version! Once our pieces come back from casting we will be able to confirm fitment and add the option.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
That's awesome. When I had originally asked them, they had said no. So this is a great turn of events.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Catless with cat back will be loud.. cop will hear you from two blocks away...

I have PRL dp fp combo.. it added a nice rumble sound and that's all I need. I dont need it loud but rather want to have actual hp gain.
Catback doesnt yield much gain.. mainly just for the noise.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Catless with cat back will be loud.. cop will hear you from two blocks away...

I have PRL dp fp combo.. it added a nice rumble sound and that's all I need. I dont need it loud but rather want to have actual hp gain.
Catback doesnt yield much gain.. mainly just for the noise.
Yeah I got it for the look/ sound. It’s really quite though. Almost too quiet. You can’t hear it at all cruising at highway speeds. It’s slightly louder than stock. Looking into a catted dp in the future. It does crackle a lot as is which is nice

Coolnezzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
So pretty sure PRL initially said, in that very post you quoted, that they had no plans to make a catted version. It appears they edited that post after that initial reply and changed that instead to an affirmative. In any case I ordered their turbo kit with the only downpipe option currently available, non-catted, on the assumption that they would never release a catted version of the downpipe.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
So pretty sure PRL initially said, in that very post you quoted, that they had no plans to make a catted version. It appears they edited that post after that initial reply and changed that instead to an affirmative. In any case I ordered their turbo kit with the only downpipe option currently available, non-catted, on the assumption that they would never release a catted version of the downpipe.
Thanks man, thought I was going crazy for a second there. Now if only they could figure out that electronic wastegate that they were considering in the future...

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I got it for the look/ sound. It’s really quite though. Almost too quiet. You can’t hear it at all cruising at highway speeds. It’s slightly louder than stock. Looking into a catted dp in the future. It does crackle a lot as is which is nice
I do want to customize a cat back exhaust that will look good but not loud. I have Catless, no luck with any catback in the market.
Sponsored