BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag

I have the 27WON catted downpipe and it's not loud or obnoxious it pulls well, just a slight back pressure loss.
Do you have an exhaust as well? I have a greddy system that I don’t want much louder

Vader_Si

First Name
Ryota Watanabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have an exhaust as well? I have a greddy system that I don’t want much louder
Nope that's the stock exhaust with no muffler delete or resonator delete.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Roger that! Also do I need a front pipe for max gains? Seems like it’s $600 for dp/fp wow

I'd just got a DP unless you are trying the squeeze every little bit out you can. A FP is just like an exhaust, the gains are all most nothing.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'd just got a DP unless you are trying the squeeze every little bit out you can. A FP is just like an exhaust, the gains are all most nothing.
So it wouldn't be an issue with exhaust flow going from a 3" dp > 2 1/4" stock fp> 3" cat back?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Unfortunately, PRL's big turbo kit only comes catless. :(

theDUOCsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
x
My god, thank you!!!! I think this is the very first clip of a catted DP/FP without a damn res delete muffler delete. Everyone is doing it and i think it is messing up the sound.
:bow:
Oof I had that set up with PRL's catted DP and FP since early this year and I'm local you could have checked it out!

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
27won was seriously not on my radar for downpipe....
Was really leaning towards PRL but looks like 27won is going to have an exhaust coming out for our Si.
Makes me feel like I should go with one all the way instead of piecing together PRL fp/dp and 27 exhaust..... idk
Reusing the heat shield and keeping the CEL off REALLY catches my attention.
I deff plan to go with PRL on the FMIC but will be looking at DP/FP/exhaust after that.

theDUOCsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
x
No harm in piecing, my PRL pipes don't throw a CEL. If you're looking for actual gains you should just get the DP/FP, an exhaust doesn't do anything aside from modify the sound. It may with a tune but anything would be minimal without a turbo upgrade.

FMIC is nice and is on my radar as well but no point unless you track your car often or plan to upgrade the turbo. I'd do a clutch before FMIC.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Im all about keeping my car cool as possible.
Exhaust would be just for sound for most part. If the right sound presents itself.
And yeah a clutch is on the radar. Just haven't put a lot of time into the research yet.
Was actually thinking of doing the clutch and DP/FP at same time for convenience purposes. Burn up the stock clutch in the mean time.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Has anyone confirmed that a front pipe yields nearly no gains? I’m okay with spending $300-350 on a DP, but another $300 for a front pipe is a bit much. I have a greddy 3” exhaust currently
Sponsored