givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Honestly wonder if people have an odor cuz of poor install and a small leak. I run PRL cat less dp/fp and only time I smell anything is when I hop right out and go to open the trunk it's some what noticable but definitely so on a cold day and a short drive
rv6 catless fp/dp here with maperformance street exhaust and I agree the smell is non-existent unless I am standing behind the car while its running. Sitting in the car with the windows down is fine, there's no smell in the cabin. Although the noise is definitely there, you will hear the car 2 blocks before you can see it.
Sponsored

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Know this post is a little old but if you haven't pulled the trigger on the fmic I'd hold off cuz 27won got one in development. I have the w1, it's great. Wish people would look at things the way I do, find the most cost efficient way with parts known to be reliable to get up to 400whp on a fwd car if it's a daily driver, anything beyond that is a money pit track car. Speaking from experience
Yeah I haven't gotten one yet. Deff going wait for 27won fmic. Specially since I am not in a hurry to get turbo upgrade. Gotta get my clutch first!!

Boostedfc3

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag
I'd go fx400 with the single mass flywheel. I've got it but still not installed, went fx300 and after w1 install and tune on e85 it started slipping under a strong load in high gear
How much are you putting down?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Aegean Blue
Anyone have any insight on the outlet size on the stock downpipe? Have a MAP FP/DP/exhaust (3 inch from the turbo back), I want to install the front pipe and exhaust, but I'm worried the fp wont fit to the stock dp without an adapter.

NekoKinetics

First Name
Neko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 white civic si coupe(SOLD). 370Z Nismo, Mr2 Turbo, 280zx
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have installed both Rv6 catless and catted on my Si coupe.

If you're going to stick to a stock Si exhaust (no muffler delete/cat back), stick with catted version. The catless dp/fp couple with the stock si exhaust will create this weird buzzing/pinging exhaust frequency that could be mistaken for a heat shield rattling under slight load around 3000-4000 rpm. We've combed through front and back, the installation, dp/fp are perfectly fitted, and bolt on perfectly with the substantial amount of clearance between the heat shield and vehicle components. Thanks to Rv6 and R&D performance taking their time(testing) and pinpoint that this is caused by the frequency of the stock si exhaust. After bolt on the catted, walla... problem solved.

The catless dp/fp, you will notice exhaust odor while idling but not bad compared to other vehicles I've experienced. The raspiness is slightly noticeable when you open it up, otherwise, it's not bad. What I loved and put a smile on my face immediately are the crackle/pops.

The catted dp, no raspiness, no smell what so ever, and best of all you can still hear the crackle/pops in 1st and 2nd gear(although it's not as loud). You will still get a deep exhaust note. And it will pair well with the stock si exhaust (no annoying exhaust frequency). I was told that it's around 5hp differences give or take. Don't know about the torque tho, but it still pulls the same in my opinion.

If you're like me not looking for anything loud, helps the planet a little bit lol, stock exhaust then I highly recommend Rv6 catted fp/dp. The quality of parts and customer service are phenomenal base on my personal experience.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Catless sound on the 2.0 vs the 1.5 is the difference between a tuner sound and a ricer/beehive. Turbo muffles the front exhaust a lot, but what comes out the stock pipe is atrocious. That said, I'm still not a huge fan of the stock exhaust on the 2.0 with catless, but it is quit a bit more aggressive/deep than what I've heard come out of the 1.5's. I still want to modify my exhaust profile, unfortunately I have like one option unless I got custom, and that one option makes it 10x worse. 1.5's have a plethora of options to improve their exhaust note.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Honestly wonder if people have an odor cuz of poor install and a small leak. I run PRL cat less dp/fp and only time I smell anything is when I hop right out and go to open the trunk it's some what noticable but definitely so on a cold day and a short drive
It's going to be the same if it comes out the front or out the back since NOx and CO are not being catalyzed to NO2/CO2 in either circumstance. If you smell it in your cabin at speed, then yeah, there's possibly a leak, but the bolts going into the manifold and the exit of the downpipe are easily hand torqued to make a proper seal.

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
Old thread....but one more thing to think about....turbo cars tend to eat catalytic converters quicker than NA cars (in general). So when that cat does, and it will, eventually take a dump, you need to buy a new catted pipe. I am personally going catless as I don't have inspections or emissions (these new cars run pretty great emissions-wise if tuned properly). However, I am also going to add at least 1 (as long as I can find) resonator to my Invidia R400 because I refuse to rasp. When I get it all installed, I will post up vids after it's all installed.

ThatDustyFox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1 Si
Country flag
Old thread....but one more thing to think about....turbo cars tend to eat catalytic converters quicker than NA cars (in general). So when that cat does, and it will, eventually take a dump, you need to buy a new catted pipe. I am personally going catless as I don't have inspections or emissions (these new cars run pretty great emissions-wise if tuned properly). However, I am also going to add at least 1 (as long as I can find) resonator to my Invidia R400 because I refuse to rasp. When I get it all installed, I will post up vids after it's all installed.
You planning on adding a front pipe as well?

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
You planning on adding a front pipe as well?
Yup. dp/fp (now leaning towards catted for sound...even though my builder of my other turbo car strongly recommends using resonators to deal with drone and decibels and to go catless), Also PRL cobra CAI race MAF, Invidia R400, PRL intercooler and dyno tune, running Ktuner. Also ordering the Spec 2+ clutch with single mass steel flywheel and upgraded clutch master cylinder to handle that.
Sponsored