Jmillerohio

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Champion White
Country flag
2019 CtR. Going to be running full bolt on mods. Looking for options and opinions about what everyone is running for there DP and what results can be expected. Have seen results showing there is not huge differences between Catted and catless. Have a full 3" exhaust system as well. Looking forward to reading what everyone thinks. Thanks.
Sponsored

breakingakajav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8, 91 Miata, 19 X-trek
Country flag
Generally the difference between High Flow Catted and Catless on dyno is ~peak 2-3HP. I'm running Rv6 HFC and I love it!

OP
OP
Jmillerohio

Jmillerohio

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Generally the difference between High Flow Catted and Catless on dyno is ~peak 2-3HP. I'm running Rv6 HFC and I love it!
Thanks. Just checking all my options and looking for community feedback on what everyone is running. Leaning towards PRL as most of my setup will be that but open.

samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1996 Accord V6 EX-L
Country flag
Correct me if I'm wrong, a high flow catted DP will still not pass smog but the reason people do it is for less smell/soot on your car right? Besides the obvious sound differences.

OP
OP
Jmillerohio

Jmillerohio

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Correct me if I'm wrong, a high flow catted DP will still not pass smog but the reason people do it is for less smell/soot on your car right? Besides the obvious sound differences.
Not sure about the smog emissions but in Ohio we have e-check so as long as there is no CEL/EMISSIONS light on it will pass. They dont care about mods or anything . Ohio will be doing away with it soon so shouldnt matter for me. I'm doing more for safety and drivability of the vehicle as well as longevity.

ehCobra

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
Whoa, I expected the difference to be small but not quite that small. The difference in emissions is huge. Now I'm curious of hp differences between factory cats, high flow cats, and catless.

breakingakajav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8, 91 Miata, 19 X-trek
Country flag
Most likely will pass emissions but will fail visual. If I go to DMV in NJ it's 50-50, if I go to one of the testing approved places, i'm passing. With catless, I def won't pass either.
Whoa, I expected the difference to be small but not quite that small. The difference in emissions is huge. Now I'm curious of hp differences between factory cats, high flow cats, and catless.

that's my source for catted vs catless on the R

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Last edited:

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Running RV6 catted on my FK8 and am happy with it. Myself never had a CEL with it (knock on wood)

Actually have the catted DP's for my V6 accord from them as well.

ehCobra

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
Here is what I run and much prefer the added "WOOOOSH" of the catless. I think the value cannot be beat and I would not change my choice.
Does NOT "stink".
Are there any emissions laws for you in NM?

goose_rx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Running RV6 catted on my FK8 and am happy with it. Myself never had a CEL with it (knock on wood)

Actually have the catted DP's for my V6 accord from them as well.
Are you running a defouler? Considered swapping the OEM downpipe for the RV6 catted downpipe, but I'm worried about PA's wonderful emissions testing. The dealer did not like the defouler on my old 9th gen Accord.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Are you running a defouler? Considered swapping the OEM downpipe for the RV6 catted downpipe, but I'm worried about PA's wonderful emissions testing. The dealer did not like the defouler on my old 9th gen Accord.
Not using a defouler

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I never checked but what is the added power from factory to catless.

As @Learn2turn mentioned...catless does not stink. I don't get why people ask or mention that...maybe my I can't smell it lol
Sponsored