JonnySuicide

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe
Country flag
How load/ bad does a catted downpipe sound with everything else being stock on the exhaust side? I'm looking to add a little more sound nut not be annoying.
Sponsored

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Probably not that much louder than stock. I ran catless on stock exhaust and it wasn't too loud, it's a bit quieter than a muffler delete.

OP
OP
JonnySuicide

JonnySuicide

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe
Country flag
You are doing it wrong. The point of those mod is to annoy people with loud farts.
?? My wife would kill me otherwise it would be loud

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
I have the 27WON catted and I removed the resonator and its not obnoxious at all. Gives you a few little burbles at lower rpms. You definitely notice the sound difference. Kinda wish i didnt delete the resonator though, itd sound more throaty. With resonator taken out it has a tiiiiiiny little rasp to it at certain rpms. It does sound pretty nice though at around 3k and 4k. I used to notice the sound a lot better before i put the RMM on. Now all i hear is my car coming back in to earths atmosphere every time i give it gas :/

SixSpeeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Country flag
How load/ bad does a catted downpipe sound with everything else being stock on the exhaust side? I'm looking to add a little more sound nut not be annoying.
I had the AFE catted DP paired to the OEM exhaust, it was barely louder than stock. It mostly changed the overall tone of the exhaust making it deeper and less refined. It made the pops and burbles slightly louder also but only slightly, they were already there with the stock DP but had a different more understated tone to them which isn't as loud. Cold starts were pretty much the same volume as stock but have a different less refined tone.

OEM exhaust with ASC plugged in = louder than catted DP + OEM exhaust with ASC unplugged, especially with the windows rolled up.

Yaminashi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 Integra DB1, 18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Before I went a full exhaust I had just a catted PRL downpipe and there was a slight increase in noise. It sounded deeper and added some slight burble noises. I never noticed an increase in noise inside the car.
Sponsored