ghersondavid

First Name
Gherson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI coupe 2017
Country flag
Hello good morning, I am new to the forum and I have a Civic si coupe 2017, I have almost all the bolt on and I would like to put a downpipe, I would like you to advise me according to your experience which downpipe I could use without turning on a check engine or is it mandatory tuning with any downpipe? i was thinking of buying the afe catted downpipe as i have the afe takeda catback. I appreciate your opinions.

Honda Civic 10th gen Catted Downpipe and tuning 20210227_151412
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
RV6 has a good track record of not causing a check engine light but it is never guaranteed with an aftermarket downpipe. Disabling it with a tuner is the only way to guarantee no lights.

OP
OP
ghersondavid

ghersondavid

First Name
Gherson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI coupe 2017
Country flag
grateful brother, I am going to investigate about the rv6 so far I only had as an option the afe catted

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
I purchased a used RV6 catted DP locally & have put a few K miles on it- never given me a CEL so far. HTH

OP
OP
ghersondavid

ghersondavid

First Name
Gherson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI coupe 2017
Country flag
[QUOTE = "Old F @ rt, publicación: 1001639, miembro: 44462"]
Compré localmente un RV6 catted DP usado y le he invertido unas K millas; hasta ahora, nunca me ha dado un CEL. HTH
[/CITA]

y que tal el sonido? ¿Sientes que has añadido algo de potencia al coche?

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I enjoy my RV6 catted DP. They have 2 options; the modular one that works with OEM front pipe and adapts to their 3" front pipe, or the one that's made for their 3" front pipe directly without modular piece. I went this route and bought front pipe at the same time. I actually called Richie on the phone and asked if I could enjoy the same 15?% discount he had on some other pipes at the time and he obliged. Good dude. I popped the CEL light just once in 30k miles so it can happen but not likely. Of course you can clear it out or disable that sensor with KTuner.

OP
OP
ghersondavid

ghersondavid

First Name
Gherson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI coupe 2017
Country flag
I enjoy my RV6 catted DP. They have 2 options; the modular one that works with OEM front pipe and adapts to their 3" front pipe, or the one that's made for their 3" front pipe directly without modular piece. I went this route and bought front pipe at the same time. I actually called Richie on the phone and asked if I could enjoy the same 15?% discount he had on some other pipes at the time and he obliged. Good dude. I popped the CEL light just once in 30k miles so it can happen but not likely. Of course you can clear it out or disable that sensor with KTuner.
do I necessarily need tuning? or can I roll my car without needing adjustment?

magshell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST
Country flag
I have the RV6 catted downpipe and get no check engine light using their provided defouler. The o2 error did randomly pop up after an oil change a few weeks ago- but removing the sensor, cleaning and putting it back fixed it.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
do I necessarily need tuning? or can I roll my car without needing adjustment?
If you are running long term there is a potential for increased turbo wear or premature failure, just because the downpipe is less restrictive and lets your turbo spool quicker (low end torque). If you are not tuned and on the factory settings though I think that risk is much lower.

Alexander

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback Sport+ 2018
Country flag
I have the RV6 catted downpipe and it gave a cell within a couple of days driving. I disabled it with ktuner, so i don't know if it was just a one time thing. I used the defooler that came with the downpipe.

OP
OP
ghersondavid

ghersondavid

First Name
Gherson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI coupe 2017
Country flag
[QUOTE = "Alexander, publicación: 1001674, miembro: 19605"]
Tengo el tubo de bajada catted RV6 y dio una celda en un par de días conduciendo. Lo desactivé con ktuner, así que no sé si fue solo una vez. Usé el desfooler que venía con la bajante.
[/ CITA]

That is my biggest fear, the check engine since my car is still under warranty. I have intake injen, afe takeda catback, injen intercooler and stock piping
Sponsored