CivicCookie

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic si Sedan (FC1)
Country flag
I recently purchased a 2020 civic si sedan that has a PRL cattless downpipe and front pipe paired with an aftermarket exaust. I have since switched the exaust system and am now looking to switch to a catted downpipe pipe to reduce noise and improve reliability. I was wondering if anybody has been able to find a catted downpipe that will run well with a stock tune? Obviously a stock catalytic converter from Honda would best suit what I am looking for but I was mainly looking around to see if there was anything good from a 3rd party due to the high price of OEM catalytic converters.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A number of people have said the aFe does not throw a code. Probably because it uses a 400 CPSI cat. But I don’t see it on their website at present and it was always an expensive option. Beyond that, probably PRL or RV6 with a defouler if you want to try and avoid a CEL.

MarcusgibbS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2000 EM1
Country flag
Rv6 comes with a defouler on it to prevent codes. Plus it’s very well made. But in your case adding a resonator or butterfly valve may be better and far cheaper if it’s just noise you’re after. Or a silencer in your exhaust if they still make those.
I doubt the sound is going to be much different with a catted one.
It is nice not to smell fuel all the time though, and better for environment.

But you have a downpipe now so why are you worried about getting a catted one with stock tune? Is it tuned now? If not there’s no difference. With a downpipe though it should be and If you have a cel it may be more than just cat efficiency codes if not tuned.

OP
OP
CivicCookie

CivicCookie

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Rv6 comes with a defouler on it to prevent codes. Plus it’s very well made. But in your case adding a resonator or butterfly valve may be better and far cheaper if it’s just noise you’re after. Or a silencer in your exhaust if they still make those.
I doubt the sound is going to be much different with a catted one.
It is nice not to smell fuel all the time though, and better for environment.

But you have a downpipe now so why are you worried about getting a catted one with stock tune? Is it tuned now? If not there’s no difference. With a downpipe though it should be and If you have a cel it may be more than just cat efficiency codes if not tuned.
Im honestly just trying to get the car closer to stock since I don't think that the car has a tune and that the previous owner just used a tuner to clear the code. I am honestly not really sure what all the previous owner had done with this car or what there planning but judging upon the other things that had been done there was very little care put into the modifications. My plans for the future is to run a stock tune with a hondata tune programmed to the sports button. My main concern is I just want reliability and I dont want to throw off anything with the way the car runs as it is my daily and Im not planning to heavily mod it. Thank you for the recommendation!

MarcusgibbS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2000 EM1
Country flag
Im honestly just trying to get the car closer to stock since I don't think that the car has a tune and that the previous owner just used a tuner to clear the code. I am honestly not really sure what all the previous owner had done with this car or what there planning but judging upon the other things that had been done there was very little care put into the modifications. My plans for the future is to run a stock tune with a hondata tune programmed to the sports button. My main concern is I just want reliability and I dont want to throw off anything with the way the car runs as it is my daily and Im not planning to heavily mod it. Thank you for the recommendation!
Hondata is safe without a doubt. Just have it tuned the whole time if you get a flash pro. You’ll love the base tunes too much not to. Hondata will make all the difference. Better fuel economy too for serious

MarcusgibbS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2000 EM1
Country flag
But leave the downpipe as is or trade somebody who wants a catless. Not sure what you have for exhaust but there are many options that are not super loud until you get on it.

OP
OP
CivicCookie

CivicCookie

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
But leave the downpipe as is or trade somebody who wants a catless. Not sure what you have for exhaust but there are many options that are not super loud until you get on it.
I'm currently running a magnaflow catback exaust system, the previous owner had some sort of fake quad exaust that was meant to look like the MAPerfmance one but it was essentially just a straight pipe with no badging. My hope is to go to a performance shop and see if there is a tune flashed on the car currently. I hope to be able to just run a Hondata Base map with a catted downpipe, Ill possibly add a resonator or see if I can do something about the sound. Thank you for your help, really appreciate it!

MarcusgibbS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2000 EM1
Country flag
I'm currently running a magnaflow catback exaust system, the previous owner had some sort of fake quad exaust that was meant to look like the MAPerfmance one but it was essentially just a straight pipe with no badging. My hope is to go to a performance shop and see if there is a tune flashed on the car currently. I hope to be able to just run a Hondata Base map with a catted downpipe, Ill possibly add a resonator or see if I can do something about the sound. Thank you for your help, really appreciate it!
Glad to help. Enjoy the car

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I recently purchased a 2020 civic si sedan that has a PRL cattless downpipe and front pipe paired with an aftermarket exaust. I have since switched the exaust system and am now looking to switch to a catted downpipe pipe to reduce noise and improve reliability. I was wondering if anybody has been able to find a catted downpipe that will run well with a stock tune? Obviously a stock catalytic converter from Honda would best suit what I am looking for but I was mainly looking around to see if there was anything good from a 3rd party due to the high price of OEM catalytic converters.
We got a catted option if you are still searching.
Sponsored