Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 PMM Civic EX, '19 CBP Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am at my wits end y'all.

I live with a family member that has out door cats and they like to climb up on the cars at night to sleep. The problem is when they climb down they use their claws and scratch the crap out of the paint.

What I have done so far:

• Chased them off/discipline them: They don't give a crap. They get right back on.
  • I bought an OEM car cover: The outside fabric is soft so now those little sh*ts use it as a scratch pad, just threw it out because they tore it up so bad.
  • I sprayed that natural cat repellent: That didn't seem to work at all.
Anyone who has dealt with this before?

Also, getting rid of the cats is not an option.

Thanks.
Sponsored

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is going to fall under the category of "if you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing" for me. I already backspaced my real answer. Good luck.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Stripes of tape, sticky side up

TypeX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ASPEC RDX
Country flag
You can spray peppermint around the car but honestly i would have a friend with a dog come by and walk it where u park. Sometimes the urine & other pet smells deter.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Just by looking at my avatar you can see where my opinion is on this subject I have three cats I don’t want to hear any harm to these animals and dogs too my neighbors cat’s also sleep on my car
and there is no damage done to my paint ( my cats are indoor cats)
my problem is frogs every time it rains in Florida ( at least 3 times a day) the frogs leave little mud trails all over my car that annoying

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
Just by looking at my avatar you can see where my opinion is on this subject I have three cats I don’t want to hear any harm to these animals and dogs too my neighbors cat’s also sleep on my car
my problem is frogs every time it rains in Florida ( at least 3 times a day) the frogs leave little mud trails all over my car that annoying
Wait a minute. Either it rains frogs or the frogs in Florida can jump on cars. How big are these monsters?

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We have 4 outdoor cats- we live in the country. So I can relate. I'd say you're SOL until you can find a place with a garage. Even with my garage, I will occasionally find paw prints on the car or smell cat urine emanating from the corner of the garage, which sometimes makes my car have a slight odor. I do my best to keep the garage doors closed, but the kids..... grrrrr. Good luck!!!!

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wait a minute. Either it rains frogs or the frogs in Florida can jump on cars. How big are these monsters?
After it rains usually at night or early morning there’s frogs everywhere and every morning after it rains I see little mud trails on my car at first I thought it was cats but one morning I saw that it was frogs and they were small

OP
OP
svffr

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is going to fall under the category of "if you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing" for me. I already backspaced my real answer. Good luck.
I've already had choice words for them...lol but it all fell on deaf ears.

OP
OP
svffr

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We have 4 outdoor cats- we live in the country. So I can relate. I'd say you're SOL until you can find a place with a garage. Even with my garage, I will occasionally find paw prints on the car or smell cat urine emanating from the corner of the garage, which sometimes makes my car have a slight odor. I do my best to keep the garage doors closed, but the kids..... grrrrr. Good luck!!!!
Yeah, I'm thinking that is my only option now is to just...move. I'll just have to put up with it for another 6 months.

OP
OP
svffr

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love the cats, just hate what they do to my car. Wouldn't harm a hair on them! I've tried many solutions but they are so damn stubborn.

OP
OP
svffr

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We had a stray coming to our house and pooping in our flower bed and scratching posts. A cinnamon and cayenne pepper mix sprinkled in the dirt and around the area and have had no issues since. Cat found another yard to go pester.
Yeah, I've tried spraying this essential oil mix on the cover itself and I believe the mixture contained peppermint and cayenne as well as lemon grass.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
but they are so damn stubborn.
Ha ! I’ll definitely agree with you on that but I still love them
but as for frog go that’s a different story

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Paint protection film on the hood to protect it then let the cats sleep there if they want, they may keep the rodents from chewing up your wire harness.

orio89

First Name
Ori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Cats are the worst things ever. I swear their lifeblood is being destructive and a general problem. Why anyone would have a vile animal like this in their home is beyond me. Since you are dealing with some outside fur-devils, I saw someone suggest peppermint, either that or orange spray would work. Maybe by a tarp covering to throw on top. Not ideal- I know- but then again, neither is a world with cats
Sponsored