mtking479

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Coupe Sport 2.0
Country flag
So I’m waiting on my new SI to get delivered to my dealership next week and my current 2.0 NA civic has the RV6 downpipe installed and I’m running a ktuner with it. My problem is my stock cat/downpipe got thrown out so I can’t put the car back to stock before trading it unless I buy another OEM one and I’m really not wanting to do that. My salesman told me that the downpipe shouldn’t be an issue so I can trade it still BUT I can’t unlock my ktuner from my car and flash it back to stock with the downpipe or I’ll definitely have the check engine light on when I go to trade it. So my question is can I flash it back to stock to keep my ktuner and keep the check engine light off just long enough to do the deal and be done with it or am I just going to lose my ktuner and have to buy another one for my new SI?
Sponsored

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Just flash to stock next to the dealership and then do the trade. I dont think they will drive it long enough to throw it.

OP
OP
mtking479

mtking479

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Actually pull the battery terminal then it takes longer to show again.
Okay I’m going to give that a go, I’ll just have my lab top and the tuner with me ready and Should I flash it back to stock and unlock it first then pull the negative off the battery or vise versa?

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Okay I’m going to give that a go, I’ll just have my lab top and the tuner with me ready and Should I flash it back to stock and unlock it first then pull the negative off the battery or vise versa?
Id flash first. I think the flash resets the sensors so it needs a drive cycle long enough to throw again. But the battery is just an extra precaution

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup just like Mcclaughry stated, just reflash when ur near the dealer and disconnect/reconnect battery just to be safe. Car would have to be driven like 20 miles or something for the CEL to reappear so you should be good

16LXMT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6MT
Country flag
You could also probably find a wrecked civic in a yard and pull from there.

Sane5150

First Name
victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic 2020 sport
Country flag
I'll tade you my OEM downpipe off my 2.0 k20c2 for ur rv6 :)

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
So I’m waiting on my new SI to get delivered to my dealership next week and my current 2.0 NA civic has the RV6 downpipe installed and I’m running a ktuner with it. My problem is my stock cat/downpipe got thrown out so I can’t put the car back to stock before trading it unless I buy another OEM one and I’m really not wanting to do that. My salesman told me that the downpipe shouldn’t be an issue so I can trade it still BUT I can’t unlock my ktuner from my car and flash it back to stock with the downpipe or I’ll definitely have the check engine light on when I go to trade it. So my question is can I flash it back to stock to keep my ktuner and keep the check engine light off just long enough to do the deal and be done with it or am I just going to lose my ktuner and have to buy another one for my new SI?
i can make the swap for the original one, i can pay for the shipping just let me know.

OP
OP
mtking479

mtking479

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'll tade you my OEM downpipe off my 2.0 k20c2 for ur rv6 :)
Damn I wish I would’ve seen this earlier, I already traded it off or I 100% would’ve taken you up on that!
Sponsored