Catless dp/fp combo for daily driving?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi all, curious to see anyones experience with driving catless dp/fp. Going to install them sometime soon and this is the first time I've had either of these on a car.

Is the smell really that bad? Does the inside cabin smell a lot? Will my exhaust be smoking a lot (oem)?
Should I be concerned with cops pulling over because of it (is it likely they will)?

Thank you all
Sponsored

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi all, curious to see anyones experience with driving catless dp/fp. Going to install them sometime soon and this is the first time I've had either of these on a car.

Is the smell really that bad? Does the inside cabin smell a lot? Will my exhaust be smoking a lot (oem)?
Should I be concerned with cops pulling over because of it (is it likely they will)?

Thank you all
I have no problems driving with it at all but I live in Florida where there are no smog or exhaust laws to worry about. As far as smell I strongly believe anyone who has smells from being catless has an exhaust leak. I can only smell anything if I’m standing directly behind my car and even then it’s nothing unusual. Windows down at a stop light in Florida heat I can’t smell anything from my car :dunno:

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
No smoke, not really much smell unless you stand behind your car. Just expect your stock exhaust to sound kind of awful on an Si. I would recommend adding a Vibrant ultra quiet resonator to get rid of the rasp but it isn't too bad.

RicEeyEs

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th civic Si
Country flag
No smoke, not really much smell unless you stand behind your car. Just expect your stock exhaust to sound kind of awful on an Si. I would recommend adding a Vibrant ultra quiet resonator to get rid of the rasp but it isn't too bad.
does the res completely get rid of the ricey rasp?