Catless downpipes? Where have they gone?

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmm, i don’t know why it’s so expensive. I could’ve sworn it was way cheaper. Interesting.
Sponsored

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
https://www.vividracing.com/-p-1531...gHpABG8c4UK-t4a2n9J7Eh5lWHDtfSXAaAtTbEALw_wcB

Where were y'all googling?? I just google 10th civic downpipe and found these
EPA is cracking down on manufacturers of catless downpipes. If you're seeing them on 3rd party websites still its because either A. they may still have some in stock, B. aren't aware of the current legislation, or C. haven't updated their websites.

"EPA will vigorously pursue and prosecute companies who attempt to circumvent emission controls that are required to reduce air pollution," Susan Bodine, the EPA's assistant administrator for enforcement and compliance assurance, said in a statement. "This case illustrates why stopping the manufacture, sale, and installation of aftermarket defeat devices is an EPA National Compliance Initiative."

Some of the other aftermarket companies that the EPA has pursued enforcement action against over the last year also specialized in tunes and other products for diesel engines. For selling tunes, largely for heavy-duty diesel engines, Performance Diesel Inc. was ordered to pay a civil penalty of $1.1 million in September; for selling catalytic converter-delete aftermarket exhaust systems, California-based MagnaFlow was ordered to pay a $612,849 penalty in March; and for selling catalytic converter-delete aftermarket exhaust systems, Nevada-based JAMO Performance Exhaust was ordered to pay a $10,000 penalty in August.

In addition, the EPA secured settlements against a number of companies that sold parts for gasoline-engine vehicles over the last year, among them Nevada-based Flowmaster, which paid a $270,000 penalty in March; California-based OBX Racing Sports, which paid a $25,000 penalty in April; California-based Weistec Engineering, which paid an $8,500 penalty in March; and California-based APEX Integration, which paid a $5,000 penalty in August. All were for selling either tunes or catalytic converter-delete exhaust components.

In all, the EPA secured settlements against 42 companies in 2019, more than in any one year over the past decade and a 40-percent increase over 2018. Since 2010, the EPA has secured settlements against 298 companies for Clean Air Act violations involving vehicles and engines.

According to the EPA, its National Compliance Initiative, which "will focus on stopping the manufacture, sale, and installation of defeat devices on vehicles and engines used on public roads as well as on nonroad vehicles and engines," is slated to run from 2020 through 2023, though the August and September enforcement actions listed above were considered part of the initiative.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Vivid and import image are pretty well known haha. That's where I always ended up when doing google searches. At least their SEO is top notch if nothing else lol

FatalRobin

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
I’m looking for a down pipe for my new Honda Civic hatchback sport, I’ve been looking at the catless AFE but are their any other recommendations for a down pipe?

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m looking for a down pipe for my new Honda Civic hatchback sport, I’ve been looking at the catless AFE but are their any other recommendations for a down pipe?
Just go PRL or RV6. I've had both, both are great. I'm all PRL bolt ons now because I genuinely like the company and all the guys over there.

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
I don’t really understand the want or need to go catless. When I was younger and wanted every bit of hp out of my builds, I ran catless even though they are loud and terribly stinky. I can’t imagine doing so today. My wife or kids would hate to be anywhere near my car. Sitting at stoplights was awful as well with no cat. Yuck.

merakiautoworks

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
merakiautoworks.com
Vehicle(s)
A bit of everything..
Country flag
EPA type of thing. We can get you guy downpipes if needed, have some Invidia ones. Obviously its for off-road use only guys...

-Josh

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Country flag
you could have a local exhaust place fabricate a catless dp?

Chilidog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic SI coupe
Country flag
Bump — I for real cannot find a cat less DP — does anybody know where to get one for my SI?

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bump — I for real cannot find a cat less DP — does anybody know where to get one for my SI?
Check Facebook marketplace, I found some on there.

BlueJay21

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 1.5 FBO CVT
Country flag
Im ran the CNT FP and DP Setup, they might have some in stock only about $315 for both! CNT Racing is what the company is called if I remember correctly.

Chilidog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic SI coupe
Country flag
Im ran the CNT FP and DP Setup, they might have some in stock only about $315 for both! CNT Racing is what the company is called if I remember correctly.
you’re right — but they are sold out :(

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone need a 2.0 catless downpipe?

Honda Civic 10th gen Catless downpipes? Where have they gone? 2348C0D3-3936-4BA5-AE8F-087DFB46F963

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I don’t really understand the want or need to go catless. When I was younger and wanted every bit of hp out of my builds, I ran catless even though they are loud and terribly stinky. I can’t imagine doing so today. My wife or kids would hate to be anywhere near my car. Sitting at stoplights was awful as well with no cat. Yuck.
They aren't much louder than a high flow, and unless you hang out on the rear bumper you won't smell anything different. Many tunes will also degrade even a high flow cat over time. It's personal preference but i'm pushing 50 and still run catless downpipes on my turbo cars.
Sponsored