Catless downpipe without tune?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
It won't break anything but you'll most likely have a constant CEL unless you get lucky with a spacer/defouler. I'd be paranoid and pulling the codes frequently to make sure there isn't another issue causing a CEL that you're ignoring assuming its the P0420.

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
As hardware only, you have to constantly clear the code if your spacer doesn’t do the trick. To me, that’s annoying.
If you are running in budget, just save money for a tune.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Also keep in mind that the ECU uses a torque target tables. You probably won't see any performance gained just by doing the catless dp. All you would be doing is adding noise and pollutants/smog to the air.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Also keep in mind that the ECU uses a torque target tables. You probably won't see any performance gained just by doing the catless dp. All you would be doing is adding noise and pollutants/smog to the air.
:thumbsdown: Incorrect information. A catless dp on the Type R will give you faster spooling and more power than any intake or catback

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
:thumbsdown: Incorrect information. A catless dp on the Type R will give you faster spooling and more power than any intake or catback
Always seem to be surprised by the lack of tactfulness on theses boards but keep telling myself I shouldn't.

From my experience I didn't get the full potential of a DP until after I flashed my ECU with a basemap. Now was it a combination of the two or primarily using something like Hondata or Ktuner? I can't be for certain and this is all based off the butt dyno. Think everyone can agree that the first performance mod should be to have the ECU jailbroken and flashed.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Always seem to be surprised by the lack of tactfulness on theses boards but keep telling myself I shouldn't.

From my experience I didn't get the full potential of a DP until after I flashed my ECU with a basemap. Now was it a combination of the two or primarily using something like Hondata or Ktuner? I can't be for certain and this is all based off the butt dyno. Think everyone can agree that the first performance mod should be to have the ECU jailbroken and flashed.
Sorry If my approach didn’t sound friendly I’m not trying to be a douche. I agree you wont get the full benefit of the downpipe. But the difference can be felt.

That.grey.si

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic si
Country flag
Ur wrong
Sponsored