danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have one. I don’t want the gunk to be in my engine.
MAPerformance already debunked the 10th gen needing one....the gunk you collect is the result of having the catch can in the first place.
Sponsored

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
MAPerformance already debunked the 10th gen needing one....the gunk you collect is the result of having the catch can in the first place.
Haven't seen this... is it under the previously posted thread? I didn't see it and don't see how having one would increase gunk

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
During the winter time, my can collects a lot of vapor. I don’t want that shit to go inside my manifold and valves.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
During the winter time, my can collects a lot of vapor. I don’t want that shit to go inside my manifold and valves.
Basically what you are seeing is just condensate being collected because of temperature variation.

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I painted mine.

Honda Civic 10th gen Catch Can? 143851FD-D12D-421A-B620-A6539558CEB1

But I can’t run it with the FFK unless you want to drill in to the firewall. Also saw someone zip tie it ?

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Basically what you are seeing is just condensate being collected because of temperature variation.
So...in another light.

Those Gunk/collected "condensate" or whatnot deposit exist, if catch can is used!
And you would rather not use catch can and let those deposit channel back into your intake?

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
So...in another light.

Those Gunk/collected "condensate" or whatnot deposit exist, if catch can is used!
And you would rather not use catch can and let those deposit channel back into your intake?
The OEM baffled system works very well and has a valve controlled by vacuum through the line the catch cans intercept.

By increasing the volume of air in the vacuum line via the catch can, it alters the operation of the vacuum operated valve since there is more volume of air for the vacuum to draw on before the valve actuates.

By altering the operation, more oil is allowed to recirculate through the system than a fully OEM setup, hence oil is caught in the can that wouldn't normally be present.

It's not hard to understand.
Sponsored