MeanGreenSi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Accord Sport
Country flag
I have been reading lots of threads and seeing different answers. My question is which would be better for me, a catted downpipe and front pipe or a catback exhaust.

Before you answer I am not currently looking for more power yet, would like more sound. I don’t want to do muffler or resonator deletes yet because I want to retain my factory exhaust as a whole Incase I need to put it back on.

I also do not want to put a tuner on my car yet. With that being said I also don’t want to throw codes either.

Would love to hear your thoughts and experiences. Looking at MaPerformance or PRL for down pipes, and GReddy, AFE, Magnaflow, MaPerformance for catback.
Sponsored

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I have been reading lots of threads and seeing different answers. My question is which would be better for me, a catted downpipe and front pipe or a catback exhaust.

Before you answer I am not currently looking for more power yet, would like more sound. I don’t want to do muffler or resonator deletes yet because I want to retain my factory exhaust as a whole Incase I need to put it back on.

I also do not want to put a tuner on my car yet. With that being said I also don’t want to throw codes either.

Would love to hear your thoughts and experiences. Looking at MaPerformance or PRL for down pipes, and GReddy, AFE, Magnaflow, MaPerformance for catback.
If you want power do a DP. You're not going to get much if any power from a FP on stock turbo. If you want a nice sound go with a catback, it wont give you any power though. A cattless DP will give you a little more sound, but nothing like a quality catback.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
For some reason, RV6's downpipe shows less power gains that PRL's, even though they both appear to be 3 inch pipes using 300 cell cats.

If the power gains were the same, I'd go with RV6. It allows you to keep the upper heat shield, and it comes with a defouler. The latter ensures that you'll pass inspection in all non-CARB states, since you won't need to disable the emissions CEL.
Sponsored