white98ls

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2007 Lotus Elise
Country flag
And yet.....it's the best car you've ever bought.

ROFL.
Maybe it will be! Hey, I didn't want to like it, as I'm personally not a fan of the image it presents (for me), it's more than I want to spend in this white-hot market, and thought I had sworn off FWD.

But it was that good, it got under my skin! It became easy to understand why this car has pretty much never lost a comparison test.
Sponsored

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
My R is a Boost Blue 2020 (pre-covid build) with not even 1500 miles. For the laughs I put in for an offer from Carvana. $42,350. OMG!!! I'd get a check back for a little over 10k if I did this, and actually wind up with a profit of 4k factoring in payments already made and money down. I have to say....I'm very close to telling them come get it bc of the upcoming Integra Type R (or S or whatever they'll call it) and the new Type R. What a time to be alive lol
Did you not pay tax and lic? Would think that $42.35k would be less than your all in cost. Still great but not a ā€˜profitā€™. ?

OP
OP
RedBullHondaF1

RedBullHondaF1

Banned
Banned
First Name
Speed Maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, 2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Did you not pay tax and lic? Would think that $42.35k would be less than your all in cost. Still great but not a ā€˜profitā€™. ?
I leased it. I included the down in my calculation. Re-reg in NY is 75 bucks for plate transfers as long as the reg is 3 months or more. I was fortunate enough to get the car at a negotiated price of 500 over INVOICE (no...not a troll...again.) So yes...I'll definitely profit. What do I have to gain lying about that?

Thank you above for the Carmax tip. The closest one to me is 100 miles away, about half the distance if I take the ferry. How much more do they give typically? Asking those that have gone the Carmax route over Carvana/Vroom/Shift/Dealers. I might pimp the car out to the local Honda stores now too and see what they'll give. None of these places have anywhere near the inventory they usually have.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RedBullHondaF1

RedBullHondaF1

Banned
Banned
First Name
Speed Maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh I know its a sellers market. I tried the Carvana offer about 5 months ago and they spit out 39k. Now its over $42k a few months later. Its crazy!!! I'm going to check what they'll give for the Si. I ride a bicycle idgaf. I was able to get the Si for a negotiated 23k when dealerships were wanting MSRP or over.

OP
OP
RedBullHondaF1

RedBullHondaF1

Banned
Banned
First Name
Speed Maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i mean ... they have been buying cars for a high for a while.

its nothing new.
Oh I know its a sellers market. I tried the Carvana offer about 5 months ago and they spit out 39k. Now its over $42k a few months later. Its crazy!!! I'm going to check what they'll give for the Si. I will ride a bicycle idgaf. I was able to get the Si for a negotiated 23k when dealerships were wanting MSRP or over. I have a feeling though the offer won't be anywhere near as stout as the R's are.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Oh I know its a sellers market. I tried the Carvana offer about 5 months ago and they spit out 39k. Now its over $42k a few months later. Its crazy!!! I'm going to check what they'll give for the Si. I will ride a bicycle idgaf. I was able to get the Si for a negotiated 23k when dealerships were wanting MSRP or over. I have a feeling though the offer won't be anywhere near as stout as the R's are.
You'd be surprised even Si's are getting top dollar.

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
You'd be surprised even Si's are getting top dollar.
I swore someone told me they got offered like 30k for their si which is insane. Never thought I would ever see a SI selling for 30k

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
Heh, the problem is not getting top dollar for your trade, it's finding anything, I mean anything, that you want to buy with the money you get. Pickings are slim, especially if you want something fairly specific. According to Car & Driver at least, about the only things you can expect to find on lots are like a handful of SUVs, a few trucks, and some crappy sedans. Of course, if you do luck out and find something you really want, it might be worth it, but chances are the ADM will be butt-hurt worthy.

CTR39322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR(sold) DE5 Acura Integra
Country flag
Iā€™ve been trying to get a offer from Carvana for a while, it says I need to call them for it.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Iā€™ve been trying to get a offer from Carvana for a while, it says I need to call them for it.
Try vroom you just need to plug in your Vin.

CTR39322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR(sold) DE5 Acura Integra
Country flag
Vroom offer was 41k, Iā€™m not selling it, just curious how much Carvana would offer.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Vroom offer was 41k, Iā€™m not selling it, just curious how much Carvana would offer.
They'd be pretty close from my experience - but prices dropping if you only got 41 as an offer for your car from a few months ago.

Salespunk

First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, Ram 2500, 328 Wagon
Country flag
I have sold cars to Carmax, Carvana, and Vroom recently. They will not bid against each other so just go with the highest. Their bids vary based on their stock at the time. Carvana and Carmax were super easy. Sold my Type R to Carvana mid 2020 for sticker. Sold my wife's Volvo V90 to Carmax for $3K less than I paid for it after driving it for 3 years and sold my sons BMW 328i wagon to Vroom for what I bought it for four years ago. Vroom was a little more difficult and you have to wait 5 days to get paid.

The only car we replaced immediately was my wife's car and she found (for this market) a crazy deal on a new X7 where we got 7% off sticker.

I just picked up a new M3, but still miss the Type R. My wife is telling me to sell the M3 and get another Type R, but not 100% sure yet.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have sold cars to Carmax, Carvana, and Vroom recently. They will not bid against each other so just go with the highest. Their bids vary based on their stock at the time. Carvana and Carmax were super easy. Sold my Type R to Carvana mid 2020 for sticker. Sold my wife's Volvo V90 to Carmax for $3K less than I paid for it after driving it for 3 years and sold my sons BMW 328i wagon to Vroom for what I bought it for four years ago. Vroom was a little more difficult and you have to wait 5 days to get paid.

The only car we replaced immediately was my wife's car and she found (for this market) a crazy deal on a new X7 where we got 7% off sticker.

I just picked up a new M3, but still miss the Type R. My wife is telling me to sell the M3 and get another Type R, but not 100% sure yet.
Your wife is right.

My other car is an M2 - I'd pick the Type R if I had to choose lol.

aegeanbluecivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic SGP Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I leased it. I included the down in my calculation. Re-reg in NY is 75 bucks for plate transfers as long as the reg is 3 months or more. I was fortunate enough to get the car at a negotiated price of 500 over INVOICE (no...not a troll...again.) So yes...I'll definitely profit. What do I have to gain lying about that?

Thank you above for the Carmax tip. The closest one to me is 100 miles away, about half the distance if I take the ferry. How much more do they give typically? Asking those that have gone the Carmax route over Carvana/Vroom/Shift/Dealers. I might pimp the car out to the local Honda stores now too and see what they'll give. None of these places have anywhere near the inventory they usually have.
Since you are leasing it you won't be able to sell it to anyone except Honda or Acura. I had this very same idea for my 2018 Hatchback with low mileage. You'd have to actually finance it or buy out your lease first in order to trade it outside of Honda. All manufacturers are doing this pretty much for their leases since they want to get in on the profit. Since they won't let you turn in lease to any other dealer they have leverage to low ball you unless you go to shop around for a price at the surrounding Honda/Acura dealers in your area.
Sponsored