Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well guys, the decision has been made. Carvana bought my 2017 Si sedan yesterday. 12,400 miles on her. Whomever buys it will be getting a huge head start I’m doing mods, if that’s what they wish. I put back OEM parts on everything that made financial sense, but some mods were left on because it didn’t make sense to remove them due to limited to no financial gain.
Whoever buys the car will be getting:

Type R retrofit clutch/flywheel
Type R shifter with Acuity base bushings, centering spring and rocker arm
Eibach Pro springs
Whiteline rear sway bar and Accord end links.

I hope it finds a worthy home. It was a fun car and I hope someone else gets to enjoy it as I have.
Sponsored

ycehcky

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Nice! I know Carvana offers pretty good money, but your mods are tasteful ones that might have gotten more money on the private market. Maybe I am mistaken though. Upgrading to the R?

OP
OP
jakabony

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice! I know Carvana offers pretty good money, but your mods are tasteful ones that might have gotten more money on the private market. Maybe I am mistaken though. Upgrading to the R?
Yeah I had it listed, but not a ton of action. I am in an area with a pretty lame car scene. Carvana offered me within $300 of what I wanted for the car.

Actually, I am banking most of the money for home improvement plans and a future car project. I am getting myself a cheap daily/project to mess around with for now.

RRsedan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
What did they ultimately offer you for your Si w/ those mods you left on included, if I may ask? Just want to have an idea for myself since my Si is also nearing that mileage and am wondering how much I'd get dinged for aesthetic/sound mods like tints (below the legal limit) and muffler delete, if I were to trade mine in in the future..

OP
OP
jakabony

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What did they ultimately offer you for your Si w/ those mods you left on included, if I may ask? Just want to have an idea for myself since my Si is also nearing that mileage and am wondering how much I'd get dinged for aesthetic/sound mods like tints (below the legal limit) and muffler delete, if I were to trade mine in in the future..
I sold mine with a Vibrant muffler and a resonator delete. They didn't say anything about it. They paid me $19,711.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Well guys, the decision has been made. Carvana bought my 2017 Si sedan yesterday. 12,400 miles on her. Whomever buys it will be getting a huge head start I’m doing mods, if that’s what they wish. I put back OEM parts on everything that made financial sense, but some mods were left on because it didn’t make sense to remove them due to limited to no financial gain.

Eibach Pro springs

I hope it finds a worthy home. It was a fun car and I hope someone else gets to enjoy it as I have.
Man someone is gonna get a sweet ride! Happy for you that you got almost as much $ as you wanted! Good luck on the house/ possible project car!

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag

Eibach Pro springs

Cool man! looks like you got a good price.
What approx does it cost to put a Type R retrofit clutch/flywheel in?
That's a great bonus for the new owner right there!

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Cool man! looks like you got a good price.
What approx does it cost to put a Type R retrofit clutch/flywheel in?
That's a great bonus for the new owner right there!
The parts cost about 1600$, less if you send in your stock flywheel as a core. Labor should average around $500. Id call local shops and get labor quotes.
Sponsored