First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah, I haven't seen the price. Nope, I was talking about the Hatchback aeroflap. It fits on the Type-R well, and alot of people are running it, even though they are going to be releasing one for the Type-R.
Any pics of it? When I asked the company if that flap would go well with the upper spoiler they didn't think it would look good. Now I'm curious what it looks like combined.
Sponsored

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Any pics of it? When I asked the company if that flap would go well with the upper spoiler they didn't think it would look good. Now I'm curious what it looks like combined.
Edit: here is a link to the picture:

I don't have it installed at the moment, but there are pics on caruse designs FB page. IMO, it looks really good. I wonder what the official type-r lower spoiler piece will look like??

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Would this put on some significant weight for replica type r spoilers to stop the vibrations?
Yes, it likely would. The extra weight could cause an issue though.

OP
OP
TypeRNY

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Yes, it likely would. The extra weight could cause an issue though.
I actually dont think it would make a difference at all. These flaps are NOT heavy by any stretch of the imagination. I cannot see this having any negative impact weight wise whatsoever.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I actually dont think it would make a difference at all. These flaps are NOT heavy by any stretch of the imagination. I cannot see this having any negative impact weight wise whatsoever.
I agree. They look thin enough to not have much weight. In fact, on some of the pictures I can see directly through the caruse spoiler.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would this put on some significant weight for replica type r spoilers to stop the vibrations?
So I had the ABS dynamics one for about a year, just pulled it off this week for the APR wing. I put this rubber "gurney flap" on, it goes in the same location at the rear of the center piece of the big wing. It's similar to the Caruse one, but it's not designed for functional Aero. I actually experienced MORE vibrations with this and it got so bad I had to take it off. That being said, again this was a $12 piece of rubber not a specially designed product, so this could not apply. Can send a pic later if I didn't delete it. I pulled the thing off like right away lol.

I would recommend getting a used OEM center piece or buying Carbon Fiber. I can't remember who sold it, but I saw a carbon fiber center piece for like $250 or something that looked sweet. And new OEM plastic is like $600 or something insane.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
OK, how much does it weigh? The person asking will already have extra weight from the wing being added and may be using the factory lift supports, then add the flap.

Honda supplied different hatch lift supports for a one pound difference with my carbon wing.

OP
OP
TypeRNY

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
OK, how much does it weigh? The person asking will already have extra weight from the wing being added and may be using the factory lift supports, then add the flap.

Honda supplied different hatch lift supports for a one pound difference with my carbon wing.
unless i misunderstood, the question in point wasnt directed towards the factory lift support. The question asked was would this weigh enough to help stop vibrations on a replica type R spoiler.

When it comes to how much it weighs, I have one and i think it might weigh 2 lbs?, just a guess but its made of pretty much the same material (admittedly stronger and thicker) as the window rain visors. Its a see through sort of plastic. I have not found any issues opening my trunk because of this aero flap.

I have no idea why honda would supply different latch supports for a ONE pound difference. WHen i went from Winged to wingless on my STi, I had to change the tensioner bars but im pretty sure that wing weighed quite a hefty bit. Just my .02

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
unless i misunderstood, the question in point wasnt directed towards the factory lift support. The question asked was would this weigh enough to help stop vibrations on a replica type R spoiler.

When it comes to how much it weighs, I have one and i think it might weigh 2 lbs?, just a guess but its made of pretty much the same material (admittedly stronger and thicker) as the window rain visors. Its a see through sort of plastic. I have not found any issues opening my trunk because of this aero flap.

I have no idea why honda would supply different latch supports for a ONE pound difference. WHen i went from Winged to wingless on my STi, I had to change the tensioner bars but im pretty sure that wing weighed quite a hefty bit. Just my .02
I understand and thanks for clarifying and the info. BTW IT LOOKS FANTASTIC!!

I sold my wing center piece to a person who added the "type R" wing to their sport hatch. They wanted it because the aftermarket center section was too flimsy and I think that was the question in this case: Can it provide some rigidity, not the extra weight per say.

Last edited:

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I had the ABS dynamics one for about a year, just pulled it off this week for the APR wing. I put this rubber "gurney flap" on, it goes in the same location at the rear of the center piece of the big wing. It's similar to the Caruse one, but it's not designed for functional Aero. I actually experienced MORE vibrations with this and it got so bad I had to take it off. That being said, again this was a $12 piece of rubber not a specially designed product, so this could not apply. Can send a pic later if I didn't delete it. I pulled the thing off like right away lol.

I would recommend getting a used OEM center piece or buying Carbon Fiber. I can't remember who sold it, but I saw a carbon fiber center piece for like $250 or something that looked sweet. And new OEM plastic is like $600 or something insane.
Found itttt!!!
Honda Civic 10th gen Caruse Designs Aero Flap Snapchat-712468201

Si_NSX904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just preordered the Caruse flap for the Si Coupe. Glad to see others are getting theirs. I now just wait for mine!

billabongrob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 92 Integra track rat
Country flag
Can you see the double sided tape through the flap, from the top side? I’m interested.

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I got the CF gurney flap. Yes you can see the double sided tape. But not from the top like you asked. You can see it from the back and front.

Honda Civic 10th gen Caruse Designs Aero Flap 20200818_103623[1]
Honda Civic 10th gen Caruse Designs Aero Flap 20200818_103555[1]
Honda Civic 10th gen Caruse Designs Aero Flap 20200818_103606[1]

billabongrob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 92 Integra track rat
Country flag
Put an order in for V2. If I hate it for any reason I’ll resell to one of you poor souls.
Sponsored