ayeerock

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civc FK7 Sport
Country flag
Do you also have the issue of the left and right edges slightly lifting? I re-stuck the whole thing with wider 3M tape and still had it happen. Doesn't affect the middle portion, that thing is on there tight and doesn't move at all. I was looking at the white fk7 they showcase on their ig and it looks like they have it happening too.

Also did that guy just bolt the ek spoiler onto the stock spoiler?? I've seen them on our cars before but not like that lol. I think the ebay mugen knockoff with a riser is a better option, if we could get the riser at a more aggressive angle. Maybe incorporate rods to keep it stable since the spoiler is extended.
I had an issue with the left side lifting up and decided to take the aeroflap off while they develop v2. The flap was stuck on so tight I cracked it in half taking it off. The model car has taken his aeroflap off also and has installed the sportline wing.

I believe he did just slap on a ek spoiler over our spoiler.
Sponsored

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you also have the issue of the left and right edges slightly lifting? I re-stuck the whole thing with wider 3M tape and still had it happen. Doesn't affect the middle portion, that thing is on there tight and doesn't move at all. I was looking at the white fk7 they showcase on their ig and it looks like they have it happening too.

Also did that guy just bolt the ek spoiler onto the stock spoiler?? I've seen them on our cars before but not like that lol. I think the ebay mugen knockoff with a riser is a better option, if we could get the riser at a more aggressive angle. Maybe incorporate rods to keep it stable since the spoiler is extended.
my aero flap has run into this exact problem twice now. the edges rise up even with fairly wide VHB 3M tape, they contacted me about the product and I told them about it and they said they'd send me a V2 as a replacement when it comes out. i don't know how true that is tho lol.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I’m interested in this thread as I held off on buying the V1 because of hearing about lifting issues. If anyone can tag me when someone reviews the V2 I’ll gladly appreciate it ??. I’ve been interested since V1

cocoroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
I'm in on the first batch of pre-orders for V2 which ships late Dec. Looks like on their website, if you pre-order now it'll ship late Jan. Will keep you all updated when I receive it late Dec.

I'm a bit concerned about the 3M making good contact anyways though, since I'll be installing in freezing temps during the winter here in IL.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I'm in on the first batch of pre-orders for V2 which ships late Dec. Looks like on their website, if you pre-order now it'll ship late Jan. Will keep you all updated when I receive it late Dec.

I'm a bit concerned about the 3M making good contact anyways though, since I'll be installing in freezing temps during the winter here in IL.
Should try 3m adhesion promotor before installing see if it helps any

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Adhesion-Promoter-Sponge-Applicators/dp/B07MVK1PG6

cocoroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag

Derek.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport HB 6MT, 1996 Accord EX 4dr 5MT
Country flag
I have the v1 and don't have any issues with the corners lifting. I didn't use the tape they supplied though, I bought my own 3M tape for moldings/trim and used adhesion promoter.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just installed @caruse_design’s Aero Flap for the Fk7! Really easy install, took me 30-45 mins. I feel like it looks great, just sharing some photos and opening a discussion about the part! I only saw a thread for the Type-R specifically so why can’t we have our own ?

0C618EDB-94CB-4872-A826-D0198A72C449.jpeg

4353EC8C-A02E-400E-A4F7-5D5AA1B42BD7.jpeg

5D723916-1429-488D-8F10-B272EA3CA5EC.jpeg

9D429653-0D18-4EE4-B0CA-87B2626E6B11.jpeg
Since you have already replaced your tail lights, I'll ask; did you have to replace those before the spoiler went on, or could you have done it after?

I like that this duck tail covers the whole top of the OEM spoiler. It doesn't look like an add on like other duck tails.

Choc0latethunder

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since you have already replaced your tail lights, I'll ask; did you have to replace those before the spoiler went on, or could you have done it after?

I like that this duck tail covers the whole top of the OEM spoiler. It doesn't look like an add on like other duck tails.
You would have to change your taillights first before putting on the duckbill bc it tapes on top of both taillights. I had to replace my v1 with the v2 and it was a bitch to clean off all the leftover 3m tape.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You would have to change your taillights first before putting on the duckbill bc it tapes on top of both taillights. I had to replace my v1 with the v2 and it was a bitch to clean off all the leftover 3m tape.
Thanks. That's exactly what I thought! Figures HFS is out of stock on the V2 tail lights right now! I was going to order all of that this weekend!

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had to go to your build thread to figure out exactly what you were posting about. Sweet!! Had no idea they made one to cap the Si spoiler. Looks great!

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had to go to your build thread to figure out exactly what you were posting about. Sweet!! Had no idea they made one to cap the Si spoiler. Looks great!
Ah, I guess I should've given a bit of context. Yeah, great design overall, I think.

Widebean

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Just pre-orderd V2 one for September. This is miles ahead of any other "duckbill" spoilers Ive seen for the non R hatch. Im also hoping this version doesn't have lifting issues like was described for the first.
Sponsored