Caruse design peeling up.

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si
Country flag
I installed a caruse design v2 last week, Used alcohol and thoroughly cleaned it, but on both these corners it is peeling up and I think its because there is like a edge angle there, anyone else have this issue? Should I go get thicker 3m tape and reapply?

Sorry for asking , but I've tried researching and watching YouTube before asking. I did notice it in one video on YouTube when he installed his but i don't think he noticed it either.

-2020 civic si

Honda Civic 10th gen Caruse design peeling up. 20210528_100118
Sponsored

Dream3r

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R Sonic Pearl Grey R-43285
Country flag
Anytime you're using double sided tape. I'd recommend 3M VHB Double sided tape. That shit once it's on is so fuckin hard to get off it won't even peel.

Edit:
https://www.amazon.com/VHB-Adhesive-5952-Automotive-Industrial/dp/B00MAT2WZU
This is what I got. I used it on my 2017' HB for the buckbill spoiler and currently on my type-r.
it took a lot of effort to get it off my HB before I sold it. Literally had to use plastic pry tool + heat but to get it to budge and I had to do it little by little. 3m VHB is extremely good. It's made to not come off basically.

MaTtKs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you really want to make sure it stays put, prep it with 3M primer before applying your 3M tape. And as @Dream3r said, use VHB tape. I went through this process several times with my gurney flap. The combo of primer, VHB tape, and leaving it clamped overnight did the trick.
Sponsored