Not open for further replies.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Saw a Focus RS yesterday fresh off the truck with a dealer plate on it. It was turning on the highway and It crossed my mind to see what the extra $18,000 gets me but I just moved on.. lol
Sponsored

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
Saw a Focus RS yesterday fresh off the truck with a dealer plate on it. It was turning on the highway and It crossed my mind to see what the extra $18,000 gets me but I just moved on.. lol
I wonder if you'll have that much restraint when you see your first R in the wild...lol

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
It gets to 60 in the mid 4's, so that was a wise decision.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh I let off the gas as I passed the RS sitting to turn. It appeared to be a Ford tech doing pdi. For maybe 20 secs I was thinking should I turn around and run up behind? Hehe

I wonder if you'll have that much restraint when you see your first R in the wild...lol

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
Then you remembered it was still a Ford :)

hybrid81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I used to have a 115hp VW Jetta that I thought was the fastest thing on 4 wheels. After I got my 6/6 Accord Coupe, I realized that it was just that nobody used to take my Jetta seriously.

When I first got this car it seemed like people wanted to "race" on the highway all the time. Now that it's modified and really has some balls, I've only encountered a few cars that wanted to push the limits. I'm looking forward to taking it to Englishtown to see what it's really got.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
No matter how big of an engine it may have? Its still a Focus.
You are driving a Civic...even a Type R will still be a Civic, right?

I respect the efforts from other manufacturers for sure...without them, Honda would have no reason to push boundaries.

SilverDyme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
You are driving a Civic...even a Type R will still be a Civic, right?

I respect the efforts from other manufacturers for sure...without them, Honda would have no reason to push boundaries.
I agree with you bruh!

Elvis 66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic 2015 mustang. 2001 tundra..1997 4runner..1972 chevelle 1966 Lemans
Speaking of Mustangs, I test drove one about six months ago. I was actually thinking of buying it but I wasn't too thrilled with the thrashy 4 cyl engine so I just never went through with the purchase. I would have preferred the V6 but that car is strictly rental fleet material. You can hardly get any decent options on it. Now granted, the 4 cyl is pretty quick but I just can't see a Mustang with a 4 cyl engine. I didn't even consider the GT because I knew that would get me in trouble.
I totally disagree with you man I have the EcoBoost Mustang 2015 had it for a year now not one issue with it great on performance good on mpgs no rattles or squeaks like the new Civic that I have.its been a great car so far. If I had to choose between the EcoBoost Mustang and my 2016 Civic Coupe Turbo.. I would definitely let the Civic go..

TenGen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 6 Speed
I have a 09 accord coupe v6 6 speed manual and my wife has a 2016 EXT, let me say it is a quick little car to average close to 50mpg if your hypermiling. If I dont gear down she will pull away from me. One time I was sitting right before vtec and she dumped it to come around, with momentum and being beside me i dumped it and the space she was making went away. I pulled away pretty good on her. Mind you I've embarrased evo x's that need driver mods same for STI's. Quick car. With a hondata flashpro id imagine we would be door to door tho with me getting top end a little bit.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Coming from a 2013 9thgen Si coupe I bought New and drove for 3 years. The Civic EXT feels just as quick and is a positive in almost every way. What ways I feel the Si was better? Definitely 6speed power control exactly when I want it. Sound of the 2.4L starting, throttle off drop to idle and hitting vtec. The audio system on the Si sounded better. But that is it.. Im sure the New Si will satisfy all those needs. Just crazy to think how much Honda raised the bar.

I paid 20k for the Si, drove it for 3 years and traded it for 17k and bought the New 2016 Civic EXT for 20k. So paying $3000 more for a brand new EXT still makes me feel like I stole it.. lol I'm such a haggling bargain shopper..

Last edited:

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My friends were cruising on the highway last night. EX-T owning an FR-S all day from 80km/h+

hybrid81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 09 accord coupe v6 6 speed manual and my wife has a 2016 EXT, let me say it is a quick little car to average close to 50mpg if your hypermiling. If I dont gear down she will pull away from me. One time I was sitting right before vtec and she dumped it to come around, with momentum and being beside me i dumped it and the space she was making went away. I pulled away pretty good on her. Mind you I've embarrased evo x's that need driver mods same for STI's. Quick car. With a hondata flashpro id imagine we would be door to door tho with me getting top end a little bit.
I'd agree that for a car that can achieve 50mpg, its quick. From a power and speed perspective it's got absolutely nothing on a 6/6 Accord Coupe, though.

Nothing.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
Do any of you guys get a lot of challenges from pick-up trucks? Pretty much on a weekly basis, I get pick up trucks tail gating me and/or trying to cut me off when I drive on the interstate because they want to race.

Then they chase me when they lose. It can be anything from "friendly competition" to outright road rage. Last Wednesday, I has a guy in brand new GMC Sierra SLT tailgating me pretty aggressively, which pissed me off, so when he pulled up along side me, I walked him by a good bit. And then he followed me for over 5 miles, so I pulled off at a nearby exit as soon as I got a good lead on him. The week before it was 3 rednecks in a lifted Bronco. :crazy:

I don't get it; maybe it's my exhaust, which is audible, but when cruising in 6th gear, it is as quiet as stock. It's a bone stock grey LX on the outside, not some slammed rice rocket with a wing and a fart can hanging off the end. Weird. I guess our cars are just "racy" lol.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.